TriStar Centennial Medical Center - Nashville, TN
Our 657 bed hospital is both nationally and locally recognized, including being named as one of the nation's Top 100 Hospitals in the areas of cardiology, stroke, orthopedics and breast cancer management. As a result of the continued advances in quality care, many improvements in all areas of healthcare have been made and thousands of lives have been significantly impacted. This position will play a key part in continuing our success! Centennial Medical Center
is currently looking for a Unit Secretary in Pediatric Services (Full-Time, Night Shift).
- Responds to patient and visitor general inquiries
- Promotes customer service initiatives
- Answers telephone promptly and appropriately
- Processes orders accurately
- Conveys STAT orders to appropriate personnel immediately
- Maintains patient charts
- Assists with Infant Security initiatives
- Maintains par levels of supplies
- Follows directions as necessary to ensure the workflow of the department
- Assist in maintaining compliance with federal, state and other governing bodies such as Joint Commission
- Supports the facility's Standards of Performance and ICARE values
- Demonstrates knowledge of human growth, development needs, and characteristics of patients appropriate to the ages of patients served as per scope of service
- Communicates with respect to individual's spiritual and cultural needs.
- Assists patient with dietary and hygiene needs as directed by the RN.
- Integrates the various methods of order entry into Meditech.
- Communicates positively with other departments in the transfer of patients and ordering of tests.
- Maintains accuracy and speed in order entry.
- Organized and able to compile a medical record that is up to date; retrieving all necessary documents (Prenatal records)
- Participates in staff meetings as requested by manager.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology is preferred.
- 1 year hospital experience preferred
- Previous Unit Secretary experience preferred.
- BLS from the American Heart Association required
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom