Unit Supervisor / Supervisor / Registered Nurse / RN Heart and Vascular / HVC / Cardiovascular Services Work Schedule: FT Nights (7p-7a, rotating weekends)
The RN position supervises and manages the care of specific patients with cardiovascular diagnoses to optimize quality and financial outcomes. Works collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team to ensure coordination of patient care and resource utilization through the use of standards of care, critical pathways and other protocols. Participates in patient education and other clinical care delivery as needed to accomplish these goals. Assures implementation of the discharge plan. Systematically collects information to identify trends for benchmarking and performance improvement.
- Responsible for the understanding and utilization of the nursing process to assess patient's clinical information and, in collaboration with the health care team and the patient, develop treatment/discharge plans with realistic goals
- Must communicate effectively with varied healthcare team members to optimize care delivery and timely achievement of outcomes
- Responsible for assisting the patient/family in understanding the pathophysiology and manifestations of cardiac disease, diagnostic testing, treatment plan, medications, home care regimen for recovery and wellness and the medical follow-up plan
- Applies the nursing process and problem-techniques to the care coordination process as needed
- Participates in the development of best improvement practices through critical pathways, protocols, standards of care, etc
- Responsible for utilizing the FOCUS-PDCA performance improvement model to identify and assess areas that need to be improved and work with the healthcare team to enact change
- Communicates the needs of patients, families and visitors in a professional and timely manner recognizing life threatening signs and symptoms of heart attack, stroke and respiratory distress
- Authorized to access secure drug and biological storage areas when completing a medication management orientation and when necessary to perform the assigned duties.
- Current Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS and ACLS issued by the American Heart Association required
- Minimum of three years previous nursing experience in critical care or acute cardiovascular care area
- Experience in charge nurse or other leadership role desirable
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom