Unit Supervisor / Supervisor / Registered Nurse / RN Telemetry / PCCU Work Schedule: FT Days (7a-7p, rotating weekends)
Under the general supervision of the unit's Director or designee, the Unit Supervisor of PCCU assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all the functions in the unit on his/her designated shifts. In collaboration with other members of the management team, this individual is responsible for the ongoing assessment of the quality of patient care services provided in the unit.
- Assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions during the designated shift.
- Functions as a resource person for staff members and assists in necessary education of individual members of the nursing staff.
- Assumes responsibility for the overall quality of nursing care provided when s/he is on duty.
- Makes decisions regarding activities within these areas based on Administrative Operational Standards, Nursing Administrative Standards, Human Resource Standards, and Standards of Care for the unit, in collaboration with other members of the management team.
- Current licensure in Texas as a Registered Nurse. Compact license is accepted.
- 2 years clinical practice experience in the clinical specialty of his/her unit.
- Current American Heart Association Health Care Provider CPR required.
- ACLS required.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom