Universal Branch Associate CP- Central NJ- Morris County
The Universal Branch Associate is responsible for providing all Teller based transactions and/or lobby management to support digital solutions, as well as education of our consumer and small business products/services to existing and new customers using a conversation model. Universal Branch Associates support and process deposits, transfers, withdrawals, and other digital transactions in accordance with established policies and procedures: must be continuously aware of fraud loss and check cashing guidelines as well as all security and transaction documentation requirements. Also responsible for the security of assigned cash which must be maintained and balanced within established guidelines. Develops and deepens relationships through demonstrated ability to identify customer needs and consult customers by conducting needs-based assessments and educating customers on our products and services.
Additionally, responsible for directing customers to other lines of business as appropriate. Must maintain and acquire knowledge of complete line of products and services offered at the bank. Perform related duties as required to achieve team goals.
This role requires you to obtain Universal Branch Associate Certification.
Requires successful registration with, and issuance of a unique identification number from, the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) in compliance with the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (S.A.F.E. Act).
- Live the company values of Excellence and Do the Right Thing
- Act as a Customer Advocate
-Contribute to a customer-centric culture, continuous improvement, innovation and change
- Actively contributes to team’s success
- Own personal development and achievement of required responsibilities and skills-based behaviors to obtain Universal Branch Associate Certification status; and recertify annually
- Greet customers/prospects in the lobby, on the teller line, or on the phone
- Research and answer customer inquiries with the intent of enhancing customer retention and engagement
- Consistently use needs-based assessment tools to analyze and determine customer needs
- Take an active role in educating customers on other banking channels as well as other products and services - Leverage tools to recommend appropriate solutions in person, on the telephone, or via other channels
- Maintain a working knowledge of the complete line of products and services offered; taking responsibility to keep up to date and request assistance for further development needs
- Deliver on in-branch customer experience for all segments to ensure a quality customer experience – every customer every time
- Process transactions within established policies and procedures to ensure operational excellence
- Ensure all audit and security policies and procedures are followed in accordance with Bank policy and Federal regulations
- Able to travel between branches in assigned local area
- High School Diploma, GED, Equivalent Certificate or Military Experience
- At least 1 year of Customer Service experience or at least 1 year of Sales experience
- 1+ year Teller or Cash Handling experience
- 1+ year Sales experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.