Universal Branch Associate - S Queens - St Albans
The Universal Branch Associate is responsible for providing all Teller based transaction as well as direct selling of our consumer and small business products/services to existing and new customers using a conversation model. Universal Branch Associates process deposits, transfers, withdrawals, and other transactions in accordance with established policies and procedures: must be continuously aware of fraud loss and check cashing guidelines as well as all security and transaction documentation requirements. Also responsible for the security of assigned cash which must be maintained and balanced within established guidelines. Develops and deepens relationships by servicing and selling consumer and small business products to new and existing customers. Additionally responsible for referring customers to other lines of business such as Capital One Financial Advisors, Private Banking, Small Business and Commercial banking as appropriate. Must maintain and acquire knowledge of complete line of products and services offered at the bank. Perform related duties as required to achieve branch goals.
- Performs servicing duties: greets customers/prospects in the lobby, on the teller line, or on the phone. Researches customer inquiries, orders checks and/or debit cards, returns phone calls, accepts and forwards wires, and other customer originated service needs with the intent of enhancing customer retention and exploring additional sale opportunities.
- Uses needs-based assessment tools to analyze and determine customer needs. Recommends and sells appropriate solutions (consumer and business) both in person and on the telephone.
- Assist and educate customers on the use of self service and remote channels.
- Uses the conversation model to uncover customer needs using open-ended questions.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the complete line of products and services offered; taking responsibility to keep up to date and request assistance for further development needs.
- Researches and answers customer inquiries and requests regarding accounts, products, rates and services.
- Service Small Business customers as needed and sell to branch-managed businesses when no Branch Business Manager is available.
- Refer larger Small Business and Commercial opportunities as identified during profiling to Branch Business Manager or Branch Manager.
- Champion a customer centric culture.
- Maintain job proficiency and certification.
- Maintain supply and sale of consignment items.
- Deliver on in branch customer experience for all segments to ensure a quality customer experience – every customer every time.
- Process transactions within established policies and procedures to ensure operational excellence.
- Ensure all audit and security policies and procedures are followed in accordance with Bank policy and Federal regulations.
- High School Diploma, GED, equivalent certification or Military experience
- At least 1 year customer service experience
- At least 1 year sales experience
- At least 1 year teller experience or at least 1 year cash handling experience
- 1+ years sales experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Requires successful registration with, and issuance of a unique identification number from, the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) in compliance with the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (S.A.F.E. Act).