Ethicon Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Universal Swager (1 of 2) to be located in San Angelo, Texas.
The Global Surgery Group is comprised of the following businesses within Johnson & Johnson: Ethicon Surgical Care, Ethicon Energy, Ethicon Biosurgery, Acclarent, Biosense Webster, Cordis, Mentor and Sterilmed. With annual sales of $11 billion, the Global Surgery Group is the world’s largest, most innovative surgical company. The strength of the Global Surgery Group is illustrated by the fact that more than 80% of our sales come from businesses with #1 or #2 global market share positions. We serve customers around the world, with about 60% of our sales generated outside the U.S., including a fast-growing presence in emerging markets. The Global Surgery Group is committed to innovation, with about 30% of our sales coming from products introduced in the past five years.
In accordance to prescribed procedures, set/up and or make necessary adjustments to the pneumatic swaging press. Utilize prescribed procedures for swaging needles and suture materials. Inspect needle/suture combinations for visual quality requirements make necessary pull test evaluations. Performs accurate record keeping duties. Places completed work into appropriate kanbans. Notifies electrician or mechanic when repairs are needed. Performs work related activities.
The Universal Swager is responsible for:
• Associate must maintain an acceptable level of attendance, and be able to support 24 hour, 7 day a week manufacturing operation, with the ability to work 12-hour shifts.
• Associates are held accountable for production efficiencies, strict compliance with process specifications, and company standards of behavior.
• Full time employment (at least 1250 hours per year).
• Must understand and comprehend the following but not limited: English language, process specifications, computer functions as required
• Read, interrupt and follow work instructions and training materials.
• Pass and maintain training and certification examinations as required.
• Assess and input data into shop floor systems.
• Is responsible for verifying accuracy of product description, components and identifying documents by comparing product raw material codes, suture and needle lot numbers, folder sizes, sleeve size, and travel tag information against product identifying documents in the production book.
• Adhere to prescribed procedures for handling needle and suture materials.
• Is responsible for making needle and suture variances or rejections to the vault or rejection cage.
• Verifies variancing and rejection information with accuracy.
• Follows standard procedure for recording production information, prescribed procedures for performing rework on rejected material, batch change procedures, and end of shift related activities.
• Follows work schedules and or observes operations to determine materials needed for production.
• Records and enters data into the automated tracking systems using electronic devices.
• Notifies facilitator of material defects, swagability problems, mechanical and electrical failures.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to work and communicate well with others
• Ability to give and understand instructions, both verbal and written.
• Must be willing to work with a team concept.
• Must be will to accept change and additional responsibilities and training associated with change.
• Performs preventive maintenance and minor adjustments.
• Performs required set up procedures in accordance with operator certification standards.
• Is responsible for checking equipment set-up requirements and following prescribed procedures in setting up press, selecting proper dies and curvers and making necessary adjustments to equipment to obtain acceptable work quality.
• Proves set-up of pneumatic swaging press by test swaging, curving (111/112), and pull testing a specified combination of sutures and needles and inspecting the same for visual quality requirements.
• Ensures departmental practices, work areas, and equipment is kept in a safe and orderly fashion.
• Inspects workstation for clutter and cleanliness.
• Does any other work of a related nature and performs other work related duties as assigned.
• Follow current compliance regulations and standards.
• Works in accordance with ISO 14001 principles and environmental regulatory compliance requirements. Works in accordance with Ethicon environmental policies and procedures.
• Must have good work habits (neatness, organizational skills, time management skills, etc.).Qualifications
• High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required.
• Experience in a manufacturing environment required.
• Associate must maintain an acceptable level of attendance and be able to support a continuous run manufacturing operation (24/7). Standard schedule is 12-hour shifts in a four on, four off rotation(630pm – 630am). Schedule will also include some weekends and holidays.
• Ability to obtain a passing score on a WorkKeys assessmentPrimary Location
United States-Texas-San AngeloOrganization
Ethicon Inc. (6045)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.