Activision Blizzard has been writing video game history since 1979. Our portfolio, developed by our incredibly talented teams, includes some of the strongest franchises in all of entertainment (including Call of Duty, Destiny, Overwatch, World of Warcraft, Hearthstone and Candy Crush). Our entertainment network has more than 500 million monthly active users in over 195 countries, and we're conti nuing to expand our capabilities across new platforms, genres, audiences and geographies.
Through our key operating units; Activision Publishing, Blizzard Entertainment, King Digital Entertainment, Activision Blizzard Studios, Media Networks and Consumer Products, Activision Blizzard is combining video games on console, PC and mobile, together with eSports and TV & film, as we continue to be one of the most influential and successful interactive entertainment companies in the world. Your Mission
The Global TA team at Activision is focused on moving to become a strategic talent acquisition function. We've got a long way to go but we have business leaders who recognize that the future of the company is going to be driven by the people and that building the Global TA team is key to hiring the best talent for current and future franchises and businesses.
As a result, there couldn't be a more exciting time to join the University Recruiting team at Activision Blizzard. We are at the beginning of the journey to build University Recruiting programs that are going to attract the very best technical and commercial talent, who are going to continue to build the most beloved, engaging and successful interactive entertainment franchises in the world.
This fun and exciting opportunity, based out of our HQ, requires a naturally fast-paced, proactive, organized, customer centric and passionate university recruiter to build the on campus and student relationships that we need to identify, excite and hire the best talent.
This role includes but is not limited to the following tasks/duties*:
- Manage full-cycle recruiting process for new graduates and interns across assigned functions and schools.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders on assigned campuses and ensure that Activision Blizzard leaders and alumni are support our ongoing relationship with target schools.
- Proactively identify, map and engage with top talent at our target universities.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal stakeholders, HR team members and Global Talent Acquisition team to create a partnership that yields success, predictable results and credibility.
- Source candidates who believe in our vision and culture and want to make both better. Our goal is not to solely fill requisitions, but rather identify the best talent who want to build a career at our group of companies and will continue to drive our incredibly successful business.
- Act as an ambassador of the Company to provide complete, accurate, and inspiring information to candidates about the company and position.
- Organize amazing on-campus recruiting events: tech talks, game tournaments, hackathons, on-campus interviews, etc
- Work closely with hiring managers to understand job requirements, profile of successful candidates and hiring processes.
- Administer the company's applicant tracking system (Taleo) and associated policies and processes.
- Pre-screen resumes and conduct initial phone/video interviews.
- Organize, lead and document post-interview debrief/feedback and post-mortems with interview teams and candidates.
- Solid experience closing competitive candidates with multiple offers
- Degree educated
- At least 2 years' experience with full-cycle recruiting
- Experience partnering with hiring managers, interviewers, and team members while improving hiring processes
- Passionate about hiring the best talent and curious to learn more about interactive entertainment
- Strong ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced and dynamic environment and ability to operate independently to high quality standards
- Excellent communication skills
- Detail-oriented, analytical, methodical and highly organized, must have experience working on projects with multiple stakeholders
Activision Blizzard is headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivaled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
* The video game industry and therefore our business are fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are lucky to work in a business where imagination, creativity, and play aren't only encouraged, they're required.