The US University Relations Programs Specialist is a strategic and hands-on role which develops and delivers innovative, centrally-driven sourcing programs for intern and full-time graduate recruitment. The role focuses on the management of programs and events designed for early identification and successful hiring of undergraduate talent for BP through our National Intern Program and Early Engagement programs- BP Scholars, BP Discovery Day, BP STEP (Shaping Talent, Energy and Potential). As graduate demand and business needs evolve, this role is responsible for the design and execution of new Early Engagement offerings that target high-potential diverse talent.Key accountabilities
- Understands BP's operating environment and competitor activity and translates that context into improved processes, attractive programs, ultimately delivering a high-quality pipeline of student talent to BP.
- Ensures a favorable candidate experience and positive BP volunteer experience during student events.
- Sets and manages budget within a pre-approved amount, measures ROI.
- Develops and effectively communicates processes and roles/responsibilities for programs and events.
- Develops programs and events that educate students on what it would be like to work at BP along with a focus on self-discovery and professional skills development.
- Partners with team members and stakeholders on logistics of onsite and offsite events.
- Ability to influence and engage internal and external partners to gain program support for successful execution and delivery, especially BRG leadership and Challenge/Development Program participants. Provides early notice of resource requirements.
- Work with clients and colleagues at all levels within USUR and BP.
Bachelor's degree.Essential experience and job requirements
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
- Enthusiasm and high energy for working with students to guide and advise them as they transition to start their careers.
- Minimum 7 years' prior work experience with at least 5 years in HR or Recruitment-related roles.
- Solutions-oriented and comfortable working in an environment which requires flawless delivery of programs and ability to plan ahead as well as course correct along the way.
- Proven ability to develop and effectively communicate strategic programs that support the university recruiting plan and leverages existing globally-branded programs.
- Strong focus on operational excellence, able to manage end-to-end high volume programs seamlessly; maintains a focus on continuous improvement.
- Experience with budget management, with a keen eye for planning, tracking and spend optimization.
- Ability to use data analysis and reporting to communicate ROI, compare against benchmarks, and support business case for current and future programs.
N/ADesirable criteria & qualifications
- Experience in building and executing strategic, innovative student programs that support attraction and recruitment of high-potential, diverse intern and full-time graduate hires that are the best fit for BP.
- Strong track record working in diversified recruiting programs while managing competing priorities.
- Knowledge of external talent benchmarks and best practices; understands competitor activity and translates this into strategy and action.
- Experience as a "brand ambassador" for the department to the greater organization- ensuring there is a clear, consistent message communicated regarding processes, tools, and services that exist within the department.
- Support solutions to increase brand awareness and success of the department.
- Proven track record in planning and executing projects and programs in a fast paced, complex environment. Must have strong planning and organizational skills and ability to prioritize work activities and manage multiple stakeholders.
- Preferred experience with assessment, candidate relationship management, and talent acquisition systems.
Negligible travelIs this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
To remain one of the world's premier integrated oil companies, BP recognises that it needs a highly respected, high performing, world class HR function which combines the provision of strategic advice to business leaders with efficient and effective transactional support to managers and employees. The HR function does this through the development and delivery of well executed HR services and by defining standards, policies and processes to help ensure we have the right people in the right roles when we need them, motivated and able to deliver outstanding performance. This is achieved by delivering business partnering and support; operational excellence; people data and core HR processes; governance, policy and coherence and ensuring that we have an effective system of HR compliance and controls in line with regulatory requirements and company policies and standards and by creating coherence in core HR areas. We are looking for talented, committed HR professionals who can work with the business to deliver the right people solutions that create competitive advantage to the organisation.Segment
Corporate & FunctionsClosing Date
[ "08-Dec-2016" ]
A little about us:
One of the world's leading international oil & gas companies, BP employs over 80,000 talented minds in 80 countries, fostering innovation & diversity.