Blizzard Entertainment games don't just begin with game ideas, or end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of a Blizzard product than the work of developers-and we support our games for years after they're in the hands of gamers world-wide. As part of Blizzard Operations, the Talent Acquisition team is on a mission to question the conventional, challenge the traditional, and ultimately rewrite our rulebook on how we bring the best talent in the world home to Blizzard Entertainment. With over 4000 employees in nine countries supporting six active franchises across multiple channels serving tens of millions of dedicated players, we are a complex business with equally complex hiring needs.
Blizzard Entertainment's university relations (UR) program was established to develop meaningful and mutually beneficial relationships with schools and universities, which allows us to identify and foster talent to meet our ever-growing hiring needs. The UR Recruiter is responsible for facilitating a variety of programs to promote and enhance Blizzard Entertainment's campus visibility with university departments, career centers, and student organizations. This position reports to the associate manager of university relations.
- Spearhead the full cycle recruitment process for intern and new grad roles within our tech organization.
- Serve as main information resource for potential interns and new grads throughout the interviewing process -- communicate status, answer questions, schedule start dates, and coordinate all follow-up efforts.
- Maintain campus plans for each of Blizzard Entertainment's identified schools, and maintain a list of other important institutions in the geographic area with goals, contacts, and high-level plans for each one.
- Develop key campus-recruiting strategies and implement programs to increase company awareness at selected schools.
- Plan, organize, and execute various major campus recruiting events including presentations, receptions, club events, and interviews.
- Support and provide content to the university relations website and calendar of activities.
- Manage the candidate workflow and communication in Jobvite for UR specific candidates.
- Act as ambassador of our team's vision and goals.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, Marketing, Communications, or a related field
- Experience establishing and organizing relationship programs with universities or other institutions of higher learning
- An understanding of university processes and familiarity with university administration, including constraints on faculty and students
- A strong teamwork ethic; this position will involve substantial coordination and collaboration with many different departments and stakeholders
- Able to communicate effectively and to represent Blizzard Entertainment positively on campus and with all parts of the academic population
- Strong customer service skills and experience coordinating events from 30 to 500 attendees
- Knowledge of Blizzard Entertainment's company history and products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to travel up to 75% during peak recruiting seasons
- Technical recruiting experience
- Experience in the video game or entertainment industry
- Experience using Jobvite
- Experience in the 3rd party staffing industry
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.