York Factory Direct, a division of Johnson Controls, is growing and we are looking for someone who can help to drive that growth, and their career with it!
If you are an experienced Territory or Account Manager in the HVAC industry, with a proven track record of business development and good coaching and training skills, you owe it to yourself to apply for this position. This is an excellent opportunity to grow into a sales management career, while working in the field. You will manage a small list of accounts, and work with our other Account Managers to help them develop new accounts, and grow existing ones through training, coaching, and working with them in the field. You will work closely with, and report to, the Regional General Manager, and will have shared responsibility for the overall sales performance of the region.
We're growing quickly, and as part of JCI's Building Efficiency division's overall growth plan, are looking to expand our presence in Florida. RESPONSIBILITY LEVEL:
This position will have shared responsibility for the overall sales performance of the UPG Factory Direct region in conjunction with the Regional General Manager to meet revenue and growth expectations of the overall business. PRINCIPAL DUTIES:
- Individual account development and management of customer accounts to meet or exceed individual sales goals and contribute to regional sales revenue
- Assist RGM in the recruiting and hiring process for new Account Managers and inside sales staff (Commercial Product Specialists, etc.).
- Primary responsibility for onboarding, training, mentoring and coaching of Account Managers and inside sales staff. This will be accomplished through regular one-on-one meetings, team meetings, and ride-a-longs as well as use of available tools including Salesforce.com.
- Assist Account Managers (along with RGM) in the creation and execution of development plans for dealers, as well as designated COM customers
- Assist Account Managers (along with RGM) in identification, recruitment, and closing of potential dealers and commercial customers.
- Assist RGM with pricing management to maximize gross margins by collecting, processing and sharing market intelligence for street pricing across all lines of business, and review and oversight of commercial quotes.
- 40% of time will be spent on direct sales activities, 40% of time will be spent working directly with sales staff, and 20% of time will be spent on administrative tasks, analysis, planning, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent combined education and experience.
- A minimum of five years HVAC/R experience.
- Demonstrated technical sales experience and consultative selling.
- Sales management experience preferred, with strengths in sales coaching, delivering results and driving accountability through others.
- Strong interpersonal skills and decision making ability.
- Effective and professional communication and organization skills.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to counsel and develop customer relationships.
- Proficiency in a Windows operating environment, including e-mail and Microsoft Office software.
- Role will travel 30-40% of the time.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.