Provides drafting and design support for engineering departments by assuming full drafting responsibility for assigned projects from concept to customer, subject to supervisory review with latitude for independent action to resolve most problems with marketing, manufacturing and vendors.
1. Prepare 3D CAD models, assemblies and drawings. These tasks are to be completed at a rapid pace, with few errors and a high degree of thoroughness.
2. Prepares bills of material and inputs information into the Engineering Change system.
3. Support internal customer by addressing questions and other support requests.
4. Assists in training and checking work of other designers as assigned by the supervisor.
5. Share technical and practical knowledge gained with team members.
6. Interacts with other team members to accomplish tasks, achieve common goals, solve problems, resolve conflicts and measure achievement.
1. Possess a solid understanding of standard mechanical technical design and drafting principles, theories, concepts, techniques, and processes.
2. Knowledge of sheet metal parts, piping runs, electrical schematics, diagrams etc.
3. Willingness and ability to learn new 3D design software and workflows.
4. Ability to work with minimal direction independently or as a member of a team.
5. Ability to organize and perform multiple assignments and responsibilities.
6. Must be able to meet deadlines while maintain a positive attitude.
7. Effective and professional communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate with internal customers.
8. Knowledge of air conditioning and refrigeration principles a plus
1. Associates/Technical degree and a minimum of 4 years' in a design/drafting role in 3D CAD environment. Inventor or Pro-E experience preferred.
2. Ability to use a 3D DESIGN software in design, drawing, drafting and BOM tasks.
3. Working knowledge of MSOffice Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.