Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Aramark's leisure group specializes in lodging, recreation, conference centers and meeting services. The scope of our operations includes lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise, casual and fine dining experiences, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks. We have been active partners with the National Park Service for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States. We are one of the nation's leading managers of conference centers with a strong focus on customer experience. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Description: Position Summary:
Upholstery duties and responsibilities. This employee is responsible for upholstery jobs . This person is also responsible for determining inventory needs and submitting order requests and managing upholstery shop tools supplies and inventoy. This position works along side Mechanic Cooridinators and Parts Rooms Supervisor . This person is willing to help out wherever needed and committed to delivering outstanding customer service. Essential Functions:
Status and Scope:
- Fabricate, repair, and/or replace upholstery,canvas tops, window screens and biminni frames using knowledge of fabric and upholstery methods.
- Operate sewing machines or sew upholstery by hand to seam cushions and join various sections of covering material.
- Measure and cut new covering materials, using patterns and measuring and cutting instruments, following sketches and design specifications.
- Read work orders, and apply knowledge and experience with materials in order to determine types and amounts of materials required to cover workpieces
- Track time and materials to work orders
- Put in inventory order request to ensure proper materials and quantitys are on hand for scheduled projects and regular needs
- Ensure all projects come in on budget
- Help ensure and promote a safe work environment. Identify safety issues and take steps to correct them
- Maintain a positive attitude - always be willing to lend a helping hand wherever needed
- Develop relationships with North Lake Team that are productive and proactive
- Maintain positive attitude in high stress situations
- Must be flexible - willing to work a varied schedule
- Report to work in proper uniform
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Exceptional customer service skills are needed when encountering guests to ensure a good positive representation of Lake Powell Resorts and Marinas is demonstrated at all times
- Must be honest, dependable and forthright, with the ability to confidently work without direct supervision
- Upholstery Lead reports to the Director of Boat Rental Maintenance
- Work along side and support the Mechanic Cordinators
- Must have strong organization and communication skills and be able to interact with a diverse workforce and customer base
- Should have an attention to detail focus and have the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- 5 years Upholstery experance
- Strong English communication skills are required - must have the ability to read, speak, write and understand English
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Basic Mathematical knowledge and Computer skills are required
Telephone, Calculator, Ladder, Hand truck, Other equipment Travel Requirements:
10% to 20% Lifting Requirements:
VERY HEAVY - Lifting objects in excess of 100 pounds with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing 50 pounds or more.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.