At Bristol-Myers Squibb, we believe that together we can make the difference. We want to do this by building professional teams who can create and innovate medicines that benefit doctors and their patients.
Our large-scale biologics manufacturing facility in Devens, Massachusetts, is expanding and there are a number of exciting career opportunities to join Bristol-Myers Squibb, one of the world’s leading BioPharma companies.
We’ve created one of the world’s premier biologics facilities, among the first sites in the industry to have a fully automated, integrated manufacturing control system that enables the plant to run virtually paperless. It is a site that combines biologics development with clinical and commercial manufacturing on a single campus – a true biologics center of excellence for the company where teams are encouraged to closely collaborate. This expansion was designed to support the launch of new medicines by more closely aligning biologics development and manufacturing capabilities. All this goes towards helping create and innovate life-saving medicines that fight serious illnesses.
The Upstream Bioprocess Specialist - Biologics - assists in the execution of commercial manufacturing processes according to established electronic work instructions and production records for the manufacture of therapeutic proteins in accordance with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs).
This position requires working a shift schedule of 5AM-5PM which includes every other weekend and holidays as needed.
- Works on routine manufacturing assignments per written procedures that are complex, where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required
- Adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices and standard operating procedures
- Weighs and checks raw materials
- Assembles, cleans and sterilizes process equipment, monitors processes. Completes electronic work instructions and maintains clean room environment to comply with regulatory requirements
- Operates all production equipment within the assigned functional area (i.e. Upstream: Media formulation equipment, glass washers, dispensary, bioreactors, harvest equipment)
- Effectively uses process automation systems (i.e. Delta V and Syncade Interactions, OSI/Pi Historian) and some supporting business systems (i.e. SAP. Trackwise, Maximo etc.)
- Ensures less experienced manufacturing personnel comply with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and electronic work instructions
- Assists with the coordination and implementation of special projects such as validation or complex investigations
- Revises and creates process documents with no instructions, supports routine process investigations
- Assists with reviewing batch and exception reports for each manufacturing lot in conjunction with Quality representative
- Champions area specific initiatives associated with work safety
- Engages in and supports culture of continual improvement through ownership of improvement for work processes, equipment and safe work environment.
- Prior evidence of successful participation on work teams where combined contribution, collaboration, and results were expected
- Demonstrated proficiency in common computer tools such as word processing, spreadsheet and web based applications
- Previous work experience where attention to detail and personal accountability were critical to success
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills, is attentive and approachable
- Maintains a professional and productive relationship with area management and co-workers
Together, we make a difference.
- High school diploma is required. Knowledge of science generally attained through studies resulting in a B.S., in science, engineering, biochemistry or related discipline, or its equivalent is desired but not required
- A minimum of 5 years process operations experience in a highly automated biotechnology manufacturing facility subject to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) regulations
- Strong knowledge of Upstream operations is essential
- Practical knowledge of regulations such as GMP and company Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
Bristol-Myers Squibb is one of the world's BioPharma leaders, committed to delivering innovative medicines as well as nurturing a culture that's a springboard for progress. Our success depends on building teams of bold, innovative and passionate employees who will help continue to drive us further forward. No matter the role, we are united by our mission and determined to win this fight. And that makes all the difference. If you want to join us, apply now at www.bms.com/careers .
A little about us:
Our shared focus to become a Diversified Specialty BioPharma company is driving us forward. Pioneering in new areas of research.