At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Marketing & Business Development Strategist for the Strategy and Marketing Development (SMD) group located in Maplewood, MN starting summer 2017. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
At 3M, inspiration happens daily. Here, science is how the magic happens. Except it's not magic. It's the right science applied the right way by the people of 3M. We are a leading global company, employing the best and brightest minds in the world to solve the toughest problems for our customers.
Here you can grow through challenging work, get involved in meaningful projects and receive great coaching from our leaders. Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.About the Strategy and Marketing Development (SMD) Program:
3M's SMD group provides internal consulting services to the company's 25+ divisions. The department is comprised of experienced individuals from top-rated MBA programs who provide strategic marketing leadership, analytical thinking, strong project management skills, and a fresh perspective to every assignment.
This leadership development program offers team members the opportunity to contribute daily to the growth of 3M's five business groups: Health Care, Industrial, Consumer, Safety & Graphics and Electronics & Energy. SMD strategists work closely with business development, marketing, sales, and technical personnel to address a variety of domestic and international business situations.Project Areas include:
Marketing: market and product opportunity analysis, commercialization of new products, new product introduction process, pricing analysis, competitive analysis, segmentation, brand strategy, digital strategy, etc.
Strategy: corporate and divisional strategic planning, market platforms assessment, technology assessment, growth plans, strategy development, etc.
Business Development: business modeling, new business development processes, mergers & acquisitions strategy and planning, etc.Job Summary:
As a Marketing & Business Development Strategist, your primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Leading and effectively managing projects end-to-end
- Analyzing business data and making actionable recommendations for clients and division management
- Building strong client relationships through effective interpersonal skills
- Working both collaboratively and autonomously
- Leading and participating on cross-functional teams, while managing both internal and external resources, such as research suppliers, advertising/creative agencies and other corporate resource groups
- Navigating a large, matrixed organization
- Possess a Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Currently enrolled in an MBA program at an accredited university
- Currently enrolled in an MBA program with an emphasis in marketing, finance, strategy, and/or general management
- Minimum of a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale (undergraduate degree)
- Minimum of three (3) years of full time work experience
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and high ethical standards
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication, and team skills
- Superior quantitative, analytical, problem-solving, project management, and presentation skills
- Comfort with ambiguity in project work and a changing external environment
May include up to 10% domestic/international travel
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.