At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description: 3M is seeking an Environmental, Health and Safety Engineer for the Optimized Operations (O2) Program. This position will be a rotational program in US locations with potential international assignments.
3M Optimized Operations (O2) is a supply chain based program that provides recent graduates with a world of opportunity to jump start their careers. O2 involves challenging assignments and rotational experiences geared toward inspiring employees to be continuous improvement driven, socially sensitive, and globally aware . The O2 Program offers advanced development via fast paced training in Lean Six Sigma, advanced statistics, project leadership, supply chain principles, and applied learning. O2s have the opportunity to interact and network with senior leadership to make impactful contributions to our operations. Visit 3M.com/careers-O2 for more program details. Job Summary:
The Optimized Operations (O2) EHS role is to successfully lead and implement multiple improvement projects within the 3M supply chain environment.
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Participating in extensive training such as Lean Six Sigma, project management and leadership development.
- Providing leadership on assigned projects, with mentoring, to develop proficiency using established methods, practices, and concepts that are heavily weighted by Six Sigma methodology and focused on Lean Manufacturing Principles.
- Lead multiple Green Belt projects and become Green Belt Certified.
- Project work may include ergonomic improvements, safety training process development, environmental targets attainment, waste reduction, etc.
- Engage in social responsibility project.
- Will work in multiple locations as assigned.
- Recent graduates (of any age) who are in the last year of completing a Bachelor's degree or higher in an Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) discipline, or Engineering with EHS or Industrial Hygiene emphasis from an accredited university, or have completed such a degree within the last three years
- Minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Previous internship, co-op, and/or relevant work experience is required
- Must be willing to relocate anywhere in the continental United States within the first 24 months of employment
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Environmental, Health and Safety Engineering
- Previous experience working in an EHS role in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills along with strong computer skills
- Ability to work on cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated leadership ability, organizational skills, process control, and statistical knowledge
- Demonstrated experience with flexible work locations
Multiple US locations Travel:
May include up to 10% domestic travel and international assignment Relocation:
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain \"non-U.S. persons\" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, \"Temporary Residents\" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.