Join Schneider Electric and power your career!
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
This position is responsible for independently creating customized estimates, which provide material costs, associated labor, initial budget, and assistance in reviewing final review of project.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Prioritize estimates in order to meet sales schedule
· Prepare clear and concise estimates by gathering all necessary information, including prints and specs, and RFI’s, defining feasibility of projects and profitability
· Establish and maintain subcontractor and vendor relationships
· Coordinate and verify subcontractor quotations and scopes of work.
· Develop technical proposals, detailed scope letters and optimal system designs
· May attend sales calls, pre-bid meetings and site walk-throughs for potential projects
· Call on consulting engineers, general contractors, and mechanical contractors obtaining potential project information vital to future sales.
· Negotiate with contractors in order to strengthen chances of project award.
· Consults with Operations, Engineering and Sales groups throughout estimation process
· Generate preliminary construction schedule
· Attends various meetings throughout project, including hand-off and design review
· Reconcile final job costs
· Other duties may be assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
• Four-year (4) degree in a related technical field or related work experience
• No related work experience required
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent mathematical skills including, but not limited to Calculus and Geometry
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including but not limited to, Access, Project,
Word and Excel
• Strong organizational skills
• Capable of reading blueprints
• Good conceptual aptitude
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
Moving over rough or uneven surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; recurring lifting of moderately heavy to light items. Transporting of items such as a laptop computer and luggage; driving an automobile, etc.
WORK ENVIRONMENT :
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the primary duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
While performing the primary duties of the job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. Employee may work in different environments while on various job sites.
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it's like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric, because we value our employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, matching 401(k), training and development opportunities and much more. Join Schneider Electric and together, let's make the most of your energy.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
A little about us:
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.