At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking an experienced Sr. Ceramic Engineer for the Advanced Materials Division located in Maplewood, Minnesota. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go. Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Sr. Ceramic Engineer will be responsible for development and characterization of new ceramic materials as part of on-going development programs.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Materials and process development, including commercialization, of oxide and non-oxide ceramic systems for the industrial market space.
- Development of sol-gel systems and fiber spinning processes to support ceramic fiber growth.
- Exploring new materials and processing systems to broaden oxide and non-oxide ceramic product portfolio.
- Working with quality, business, and manufacturing for successful commercialization of new products.
- Involved in literature and patent searches and will be expected to scout for new technologies and actively develop patentable inventions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Currently possess or in final year of Ph.D. degree from an accredited university
- Minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Minimum of one (1) year (academic and/or industry) laboratory experience in a research setting
- Currently possess or in final year of Ph.D. in Ceramic Science, Materials Science, or Chemical Engineering from an accredited university
- Demonstrated scientific excellence during the course of their graduate training as evidenced by publications and presentations and overall quality of technical work
- A "hands-on/self-starter" scientist able to initiate programs and follow through to complete tasks
- Have broad technical interests and be willing to explore new areas
- Possess superior interpersonal skills and demonstrated leadership skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential
- Experience/ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment
May include up to 10% domestic/internationalRelocation:
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
3M relocation plans vary. For more information on the relocation plan for this position, please contact the internal contact listed on the requisition.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.