At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Sr. Research Scientist for the Advanced Materials Division (AdMD) located in Maplewood, Minnesota. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary:
The ideal candidate for this position will have a polymer science background, polymerization and/or small molecule synthesis experience, an understanding of rubber processing and characterization, and an understanding of structure-property relationships. The candidate would have an interest in fluoropolymer research (elastomers and plastics), crosslinking chemistry and driving new product development programs to commercialization.Primary Responsibilities
include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Being an active team member on New Product Introduction (NPI) programs.
- Leading new polymer development programs.
- Actively participating in cross-functional teams to identify new product ideas.
- Hands-on lab experimentation to drive new product ideas.
- Working closely with pilot plants to run experiments.
- Traveling to manufacturing location(s) for scale-up of products.
- Navigating the IP landscape in assigned areas and actively participate in developing IP.
- Recording results and document results through reports and presentations.
- Grow network within and external to division.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Currently possess or in final year of obtaining a Ph.D. in a science or engineering discipline from an accredited institution
- Current cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on 4.0 scale
- Currently possess or in the final year of pursuing a Ph.D. in Polymer Science, Polymer Engineering, Organic Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, or related discipline from an accredited institution
- Practical lab experience in polymer or small molecule synthesis
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership and networking skills
: Maplewood, MNTravel:
May include up to 10% domestic/internationalRelocation:
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain \"non-U.S. persons\" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, \"Temporary Residents\" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.