At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Sr. Research Scientist (Polymer Focus) for the Corporate Research Materials Lab (CRML) located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Sr. Research Scientist will be responsible for developing and characterizing new polymers as part of on-going development programs.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Conducting synthesis, purification, and processing of polymeric materials.
- Designing and developing new advanced materials with unique chemical and physical properties.
- User of appropriate analytical/characterization tools.
- Performing literature and patent searches, scout for new technologies, and actively identify intellectual property and patentable inventions.
- Working in a team environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Currently possess or in the final year of Ph.D. in a science or engineering discipline from an accredited university
- Current cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on 4.0 scale
- Ph.D. in Polymer Science, Material Science, or Polymer Chemistry with one or more of the following:
- Synthesis and/or characterization of polymers
- Polymer structure property relationship
- Polymer morphology and/or miscibility
- Polymer surfaces and interfaces
- Adhesion Science
- Demonstrated scientific excellence as evidenced by publications and presentations
- Hands on, self-starter orientation
- Broad interests and willingness to explore new areas
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
: Maplewood, MNTravel:
May include up to 10% domestic/internationalRelocation:
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
A little about us:
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.