US Benefits Lead - Gaithersburg, Maryland
we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
The US Benefits Lead
in Gaithersburg, Maryland
has country based ownership of Benefits Programs, specialising in gaining advantage from benefit taxation and market availability for the company and employees. The US Benefits Lead works with colleagues in Human Resources, Finance and Legal to ensure that the development and execution of the benefits strategy is a reflection of the needs of the Business, its People, and Performance and Reward strategy. Typically manages team of Benefits managers, specialists, and analysts in country.Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops local benefits strategy and leads benefit policy implementation and maintenance at a country level
- Leads and directs a team managing benefit programs, including risk benefits, healthcare, and pension arrangements
- Reviews benefits programs, monitoring cost and financial impact, competitiveness of package to market. Projects future funding requirements and works with providers to maximize effectiveness and program delivery efficiencies.
- Manages team providing day-to-day administration of benefit programs
- Acts as an expert resource providing advice on benefit policy development, integration issues (e.g. mergers and acquisitions), contributing both within own area and providing advice across the wider HR community
- Contributes to the development of AZ wide policy and process and provides input into strategic direction
- Engages all major stakeholders to obtain buy-in for the implementation of changes to benefits strategy as needed
- Consults with internal clients to ensure that current and future needs of the business are being met and anticipated
- Working across the HR function and business, aligns benefit program delivery with wider HR and business objectives, ensuring interventions are integrated in a consistent way that supports AZ's organisational objectives
- Owns relationships with brokers, insurers, and providers
- Reviews benefit policies, ensuring adherence with regulatory, legal and best practice approaches
- Financially plans and manages budgets for all areas of responsibility required for delivery of benefit programs
- Builds capability within the function to deliver against objectives and build the HR talent pipeline
- Manages governance process for benefit program changes
- Bachelors degree
- Expert knowledge of policies, process and procedures pertaining to pensions, healthcare and other significant benefits arrangements
- Minimum 12 years Benefit management experience with demonstrated expertise in active and retiree Health & Welfare plans and Qualified and Non-Qualified retirement programs
- Experience working in a public multi-national, multi-division corporation
- Experience managing benefit related merger and acquisition activities
- Necessary people skills to engage and influence the benefits team, major stakeholders and internal clients
- Experience in executing global processes locally
- Experience in working effectively in a cross functional team
- Established networks within the HR community
- High level proficiency in Excel, Power Point, and Word
Next Steps - Apply today!
- Minimum Master's degree plus additional post graduate training; Professional certification is a plus
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
At AstraZeneca, we believe the best way we can help patients is to focus on breakthrough science in order to uncover disease mechanisms and develop novel, targeted therapies that interact with them. This is at the heart of our purpose as a company: to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines.