Job Location: United States : North Carolina : Charlotte Alternate Job Location : United States : New York : New York
Seeking an exceptional leader to drive the rapid testing and implementation of product pilots across the US Business. You will be joining a close-knit team focusing on turning innovative concepts into reality. The US Business Accelerator is chartered to deliver transformative pilots that significantly impact one or more of the US Business strategic imperatives. This role will challenge your skills on multiple fronts, as you will:
Consult with senior business leaders, subject matter experts, strategists, and tacticians to define solutions
Challenge the status quo by bringing Lean Startup principles to life with pilot projects
Build our body of knowledge by documenting lessons learned, best practices, and repeatable processes
Prove business case hypotheses through well-designed experiments, research, and in-market pilots
Inform investment decisions around full scale launches of transformative concepts
The Business Accelerator bridges the gap between innovation and large-scale commercialization. This role requires a unique blend of strategic thinking, analysis, consultative skills, practical application of conceptual models, and proven execution abilities. The ideal candidate will be able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, manage competing priorities, negotiate with internal and external parties, and build sustainable relationships.
Get bored proving things only in theory? Frustrated at single points-of-view? If you enjoy synthesizing multiple perspectives, getting in on the early stage of a concept, rolling up your sleeves, and doing the hard work to test a product with actual customers – this role is for you.
- Consult with senior leadership (e.g., sales, marketing, product, analytics, finance, etc.) to develop robust business cases and implementation plans
- Lead workshops and meetings to facilitate exchange of information among subject matter experts in a structured fashion
- Analyze complex problems, leveraging techniques from multiple disciplines as appropriate
- Stay abreast of best-in-class concepts in commercialization of innovation
- Build collaborative relationships to leverage the collective strength of the organization, and generate support for actions
- Develop compelling presentations for senior executive audiences
- Develop others in the organization by sharing lessons learned, building repeatable practices, and sharing skills
- Client Focus – Establishes and maintains effective relationships with internal clients; able to obtain and apply first-hand information to improve products and services; dedicated to exceeding client expectations
- Customer Focus – Takes an inside-out view to solve problems in ways that delight the customer and solve their problems (not just internal issues)
- Analytics – Uses logic to gather, analyze, and understand information; designs and tests solutions when formulating a plan
- Design of Experiments – Skilled in techniques to solve problems using scientific methods
- Comfort with Ambiguity – Able to deal productively with uncertainty; skilled at creating structures to present conflicting concepts and multiple options
- Results Oriented - Demonstrates a bias toward action. Focused on completing tasks, taking ownership of key deliverables, strong sense of accountability
- Produce Deliverables – Excellent skills in producing written communication, presentations, spreadsheet models, visualizations
- Understands Group Dynamics – Interprets organizational cues –including roles, intentions, and needs; assesses what players value and how to motivate them; and anticipates how groups will act in different situations; identifies potential risks and escalates as appropriate
- Organizational Navigation – Understands how to navigate within a complex organization structure to seek areas of expertise critical to achieve results, gain buy-in from key stakeholders. Avoids needless conflict
- Build Relationships – Expert relationship-builder and collaborator across multiple organizational levels; candid with peers and seeks common ground to solve problems; a team player
- Interpersonal Savvy – Build rapports and sustainable trust with a diverse range of people; diplomatic and comfortably diffuses tense situations
- Negotiation – Negotiates and resolve conflicts and influences diverse teams of individuals without holding direct authority; identifies common ground to negotiate terms and obtains concessions without damaging relationships
- Strong Business Acumen – Focuses on business results; knowledgeable about current and potential future policies, practices, trends, technology, and information affecting our business and organization; aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace to achieve business goals. Working knowledge of multiple lines of insurance including product design, business model, operations, compliance & regulatory
- Quick learner - easily digests complex information and quickly comprehends market and organizational dynamics
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years industry experience in Insurance and/or Financial Services
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Consultation/Process Improvement
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred; MBA Strongly Preferred
- Track record of progressive consultative experience
- Strong knowledge of existing ROI analysis/Marketing analysis with proven ability to apply them in practice
MetLife Direct – Business Integration
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 55763
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.