At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:
3M Health Care is seeking a US Field Services Business Development Manager
to lead the field technical support and maintenance organization in the strategic direction, development and execution of service solutions while profitably driving contract sales for our expanding electro-mechanical product portfolio in support of the Health Care business group in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary
: Overall responsibility for managing the direct and channel partner services, repair, maintenance and fee for service components to ensure the Health Care business unit achieves pre-defined performance and revenue metrics and budgetary goals. The candidate will work with leadership and cross-functional teams to establish guidelines and strategy for field service playbooks to be executed in the US but leveraged globally. The candidate will work with Technical Support Services Managers and business leaders on productivity and capability improvement initiatives via collaboration in cross functional team environments to drive business processes alignment across the Health Care Service Group with compliance to 3M policies and procedures. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Partner with business teams on field maintenance and support business model improvements.
- Improve service top line revenues and profits for all Health Care businesses.
- Provide support and management of Health Care service functions ensuring scheduled, routine, and emergency maintenance processes are comprehensively and diligently carried out and resourced in order to achieve maximum customer satisfaction and profitability.
- Effective professional development, motivation, training and leadership of staff. Day to day management ensuring Health Care field services related activities are completed in order to satisfy the objectives of the business.
- Manage service and supplier partners ensuring vendors meet and exceed performance targets and fulfill SLA's while representing the 3M brand.
- Support sales efforts both pre and post sales for customer opportunities and new product/services launches.
- Establish global Field Service requirements and business models for new product development programs.
- Effectively communicate, collaborate and understand IPD, Oral and Food Safety businesses as well as the rest of the Health Care Business as needed.
- Find and drive cost improvements.
- Mobilizes resources to provide service for Health Care products and ensures customer satisfaction utilizing customer satisfaction and service levels.
- Ensures maximum utilization of field service teams and recommends growth strategies.
- Assesses customer product and system need. Provide consultation, negotiating service contracts to ensure high degree of performance and reliability.
- Track key internal and external quality indicators and issue monthly reports to inform and to help direct the Company's resources in reaching quality goals.
- Bachelor degree or higher from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum of (5) five combined years of Sales, Marketing, Key Account, Service and/or Contracting experience is required
- Intermediate-level experience with Microsoft Office is required
Additional Information: Technical/Functional
- Master's degree or higher from an accredited institution.
- In-depth knowledge of 3M's business areas, structure, and organization, as well as of the external market (competitors, trends, etc.).
- Skilled in contract understanding, operations, negotiations and implementation.
- Display well-rounded understanding of 3M IPD products and solutions.
Additional information: Competency & Behavioral
- Experience in Infection Prevention and Sterilization within Healthcare, Animal and Life Science, Pharma, Long-term Care and Ambulatory Surgery
- Experience managing of third party vendors, channel partners and suppliers.
- Experienced in building service offerings and service operations.
- Experience and understanding of financial implications involved in the management of assets and expenses on profitability.
- Experience in managing large, geographically dispersed team.
- Team player able to build effective relationships with peers and subordinates.
- Experience of working within differing cultural environments.
- Analytical and process minded with the ability to "get it done" when required
- Able to deal with pressure and prioritize own and team objectives
- Motivator, leads by example
- Customer focused but aware of the financial objectives and constraints of the business
- Extensive management experience of a highly functional field service organization.
- Extensive experience of operational management and deployment of business unit field services.
- Experienced manager of remote resources.
- Ability to supporting sales in customer facing meetings.
- Effective manager of third party service providers and vendors.
Maplewood, MN Travel:
Up to 25%, may include international travelRelocation:
Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.