US HEOR Scientist (Associate Director)
Company: Bristol-Myers Squibb
Location: Princeton, New Jersey
Posted: May 25, 2017
Reference ID: 1702157
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. And driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
· Develop Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) studies relating to health economics, epidemiology, quality of care, and market access. Make recommendations on external collaborations, profile organizations, and
researchers for appropriate expertise.
· Collaborate effectively with outside researchers and HEOR colleagues in managing projects.
· Demonstrates ability to impact and influence, internal customers, to support HEOR initiatives so that funding can be secured.
· Design and initiate HEOR studies and surveys that meet scientific and business needs within the appropriate legal and regulatory requirements.
· Function and assist in helping to develop the value proposition, AMCP dossiers, research strategies and presentations to differentiate products in the US. Have a role in the creation of posters and publications related to studies that support business and research strategies.
· Participate in the integration of HEOR into US market activities; assist in the development of effective communication tools and programs for optimal market access. Increase the internal awareness and understanding of Outcomes Research by representing HEOR on cross functional US marketing and sales teams.
• Graduate degree required PhD, PharmD, MS, MPH, candidate should possess previous experience working in outcomes research, health economics or epidemiologic issues in the pharmaceutical industry; 5 years' experience preferred.
• Ability to understand and interpret and make recommendations concerning the evolving US market.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with strong problem solving and communications skills.
• Previous experience overseeing projects with the ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision.
• Relevant scientific experience in clinical setting or within pharmaceutical industry.
• Previous experience in participating in research and publication efforts.
• Advanced degree in health science with strong scientific publication track record.
• Understanding of healthcare economics, epidemiology, quality of life and clinical research.
• Strong understanding of US Marketing, Managed Care and formulary issues.
• Understanding of healthcare economics, epidemiology, quality of life and health sciences research.
• Understanding of statistical methods and tests. Knowledge of pharmaceutical development and product promotion.