We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity. Data and technology are transforming industries, society and the workplace. IBM is a leader in this worldwide transformation and just the place to further define and develop your career in Tax. Our dedicated teams of business professionals give our clients more than solutions - we ask "what else is possible?" As a member of our IBM Tax team, you'll have the opportunity to grow your expertise with a market leader, while exploring and connecting with virtually every part of IBM, in over 160 countries. Did you know? IBM Tax is a dynamic, growing team with potential for career growth in many areas- you'll constantly learn, develop new skills and contribute to the advancement of your field. As an IBM Tax professional you'll have the opportunity to become a subject matter expert, expand your technical skills and abilities and leverage new opportunities within other tax areas or by participating in a Global Tax Assignment.
The US Indirect Tax Analyst
will be assigned responsibility for specific States and will be accountable for maintaining reports and activity for those specific state assignments.
- Analyze IBM purchase / sales transactions and work with internal / external customers to ensure compliance with US state / local tax laws
- Perform tax research utilizing RIA Checkpoint, state websites and other tax resources
- Compile analytics and trends of sales /use tax payments, state specific projects and refund claims
- Research and analyze IBM purchase transactions for sales tax compliance
- Work with vendor requests for tax only payments and providing exemption certificate documentation
- Initiate and follow through with requested system changes to ensure compliance with state/local tax laws
- Review and validate customer exemption documentation
- Resolving issues related to sales tax charged to customers
- Perform Quarterly Controls testing (SOX) for World Wide Business Controls
- Analyze purchase activity to identify trends and potential tax savings
- Review tax publications and rate / law changes for assigned states to identify any impact to IBM processes, initiate changes needed to IBM systems and internal process documents
You will regularly interact with the following IBM Teams:
Discover your true potential. Join IBM.
- US Indirect Tax Audit, Customer Support & Use Tax Teams
- Tax Brands Team, Tax Technology Team
- Procurement, Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.