PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
It takes talented people to support the US firm of the largest professional services organization in the world. Not all of us work directly with external clients. Some of our best people choose to apply their talents inside PwC.
As part of Internal Firm Services, you're serving an organization on par with many of our external clients. Our Internal Firm Services team consists of first-rate marketers, human resource professionals, computer technologists, knowledge managers, accountants, financial planners, administrators and leaders. Internal Firm Services staff are the people who make it work for the people who make it work for our clients.Job Description
Exciting opportunities await you as a member of PwC's US IT team. Our team of technology professionals provides internal technology services and solutions that transform and achieve PwC's mission of becoming the leading technology-enabled professional services network. We enable PwC to achieve its goals by driving innovation, enhancing digital capabilities and integrating technologies to create competitive business advantages for PwC and our clients.
Within US IT, we have exciting opportunities at all experience levels in our domains to deliver world-class IT solutions across a diverse range of portfolios and business areas.
Our developer teams collaborate with senior technologists and architects across the PwC technology landscape to continually develop and expand their experiences by working in cloud platform development (Azure, Google Cloud Platform), Artificial Intelligence (AI), automation, service integrations, custom front-end development, and enterprise products (on-prem and SaaS), while also learning external-facing and internal business processes.
If you are passionate about delivering technology solutions and leveraging DevOps in an Agile-scrum methodology, and are dedicated to customer satisfaction, we want to meet you.Position/Program Requirements
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 2
Minimum Degree Required: High School Diploma or GED
Degree Preferred: Bachelor's degree
Demonstrates thorough technical knowledge and/or a proven record of success in the following areas of application development:
- C#, ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC, .NET Framework 3.5 and later using Visual Studio 2013 (or later).
- SQL Server or other comparable databases such as MySQL, Oracle and PostgreSQL;
- LINQ and the Entity Framework;
- Unit testing tools such as nUnit; and,
- Source control using one of Git, Subversion, TFS.
Demonstrates limited to thorough level of knowledge and skills in the following additional technical development areas:
- AngularJS, AJAX;
- Application Integrations using REST and SOAP web services;
- NoSQL Databases including MongoDB, Casandra, DocumentDB and related databases;
- Cloud-based platforms and services [e.g. Google Cloud Platform, MS Azure, AWS];
- Continuous integration/continuous deployment [e.g. Git, Jenkins, TFS, Puppet, Chef, Maven, Gradle, Ant]; and,
- Containers such as Docker, Kubernetes, and Openshift.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas of application development:
- Working within established Software Development Lifecycles and methodologies including agile, scrum, iterative & waterfall to support the success of the larger IT organization;
- Learning rapidly and continuously taking advantage of new technologies, concepts and business models; demonstrating a history of staying current in emerging technology trends;
- Displaying initiative and an ability to develop applications in a self-directed and self disciplined manner;
- Researching and evaluating emerging technologies and novel approaches in order to make recommendations to enhance business processes and/or create competitive advantage to PwC;
- Working collaboratively with other developers, including participating in code reviews;
- Communicating effectively both verbally and written with project team members; and,
- Using robust analytic thinking skills with the ability to identify, debug, and resolve technical issues.
PwC is a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 184,000 people committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.