PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
It takes talented people to support the US firm of the largest professional services organization in the world. Not all of us work directly with external clients. Some of our best people choose to apply their talents inside PwC.
As part of Internal Firm Services, you're serving an organization on par with many of our external clients. Our Internal Firm Services team consists of first-rate marketers, human resource professionals, computer technologists, knowledge managers, accountants, financial planners, administrators and leaders. Internal Firm Services staff are the people who make it work for the people who make it work for our clients.Job Description
US IT supports and develops internal systems and applications for use by PwC staff in all areas of the Firm.
The Technical Design Authority, TDA, function is responsible driving alignment of US and UK technology for applications and infrastructure by focusing on road mapping technologies, project design review, and project audit to ensure that the service provider is implementing projects and deliverables in accordance with the architecture standards.Position/Program Requirements
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 4
Minimum Degree Required: High School Diploma or GED
Degree Preferred: Bachelor's degree
Demonstrates proven extensive knowledge of,and success in, managerial roles involving the technical systems and solution architecture to translate business plans into application technical objectives that will be used for application design guidance for the IT applications within a global network of professional services consulting firms, emphasizing the following areas:
- Core application technologies to include one or more of the following:
Modern web application development (e.g. AngularJS, NodeJS, Python, CSS3);
- Mobile application development (e.g. iOS, Swift, Android, Java, Apache Cordova, PhoneGap);
- NoSQL databases (e.g. DocumentDB, Cloud Datastore, MongoDB);
- API management (e.g. Azure API Management, Google Cloud Endpoints); and,
- Continuous integration/continuous deployment (e.g. Git, Jenkins, TFS)
Scripting and Automation (e.g. Bash, Powershell, Google Apps Script).
Additional desirable technologies include:
- Data Analytics Platforms (Hadoop, BigQuery/BigTable, Map/Reduce);
- Identity Access Management IdAM;
- Enterprise Application Integration;
- Data Warehousing;
- Business Intelligence;
- Content Management;
- Master Data Management;
- Enterprise Search; and,
- Data Integration Tools ( SSIS, Informatica, API Management, Enterprise Service Bus, and Rules Engine).
Demonstrates proven extensive thorough level of ability and success with defining Application Technical Design guidance to align UK, US and other network firms comprising the PwC West Cluster territories toward identical systems, including the following areas:
- Designing, improving, and integrating business processes across disparate systems;
- Serving as a trusted advisor to business stakeholders and relationship teams by providing thought leadership on the usage of specific application technologies to promote innovation and/or cost reduction;
- Researching and evaluating emerging technologies and standards in order to make recommendations to enhance business processes and/or create competitive advantage to PwC;
- Participating in design standards work streams up through ratification in the governance process, especially working with multi-territory representatives and technical architects from sourcing vendor teams;
- Collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams in resolving complex technical issues: providing design guidance services that follow the
enterprise architecture vision and adheres to applicable application technology roadmaps and standards; and understanding and mitigating the impact of technical design to security, performance and data privacy;
-Enhancing communication between teams using personal exchanges, teleconferences, video chat/conference, and collaboration technologies Notes and Google apps for work;
- Learning rapidly and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies to stay current in emerging practices and software; and,
- Working within established Software Development Lifecycles and methodology to support the success of the larger IT organization, including waterfall, iterative, agile and scrum
PwC is a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 184,000 people committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.