Physician (MD degree)
Must possess an active medical license and be board eligible or board certified or equivalent
At least 5 years industry experience (medical affairs a plus)
Must demonstrate disease area expertise and appropriate medical and/or clinical experience.
Must be able to clearly demonstrate a thorough understanding of US healthcare environment including all external stakeholders.
Pharmaceutical industry and medical affairs experience is preferred.*
Demonstrates understanding of medical affairs accountabilities for evidence generation, external engagement and internal advice; direct experience preferred.
Demonstrates disease area expertise and a deep understanding of patient and physician interactions and clinical decision making and impact.
Excellent communications and leadership skills: able to effectively communicate written and verbal scientific data and to understand the clinical implications of the data.
US Medical Affairs Leaders (USMALs) are leaders and the single point of medical accountability for a medicine or medicine(s). They are sought out for their medical expertise on the medicine, disease and the US healthcare environment. They are fully accountable and lead the development and execution of US Medical Affairs strategy for a medicine(s) by:
1. Leading the US Medical Affairs Matrix Team (MMT) to align and direct all medical affairs resources into a focused vision and strategy.
2. Providing one medical affairs voice, medical expertise, and insight and co-leading the US Medical Commercial Strategy Team (MCST).
3. Aligning with clinical development to provide insights into the US healthcare environment and to ensure US needs and issues are addressed.
4. Incorporating US Medical Affairs (USMA) voice at the global franchise or business unit level.
5. Coordinating timely new information sharing on safety, labeling, manufacturing, publications, competitors, science, and diseases relevant to the medicine(s).
6. Instilling medical governance in all activities and incorporating GSK values of patient focus, transparency, integrity and respect.
7. In addition, the USMAL integrates and aligns the needs of Canada into the global franchises when Canada is not represented at the Franchise level. -
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
A little about us:
We are a science-led global healthcare company on a mission to help people to do more, feel better and live longer.