As a key member of the US Patient Services & Genetic Diseases Business Partner team, the Patient Services Business Partner serves as a strategic technology partner for the US Patient Services team, focused on planning and building new and enhanced capabilities aligned to long-term strategic goals.
As a trusted partner to Patient Services, this role examines, determines, and pulls through the US Patient Services needs. It does so by assessing and documenting its processes and systems, supporting and enabling innovation and proactively sharing knowledge of technology risks and opportunities to build competitive advantages and improve efficiency and effectiveness. This role communicates business needs with appropriate IT developers and architects to gain alignment between the business needs and the technical capabilities.
The Patient Services Business Partner gains and maintains business process knowledge as it pertains to IT applications within the scope of the Shire commercial business and partners to advise the business on process changes involving IT improvement options and risks. Through this process, s/he is responsible for solution delivery that includes:
• Gathering high-level business requirements and determining scope in partnership with the business
• Overseeing system design, analysis, and development to modify existing systems and implement new technology solutions
The Patient Services Business Partner will primarily support the US Patient Services team but may assist other commercial or enterprise teams as appropriate and necessary.
• Work with stakeholders to help them understand their requirements within the scope of a project
• Elicit requirements via brainstorming, analyzing documents, running focus groups, collecting input via surveys and questionnaires, analyzing system interfaces, interviewing stakeholders and subject matter experts, observing real-time activities and work environment, facilitating requirements workshops, or reverse engineering existing systems
• Communicate status, progress, and key decisions/risks to stakeholders at all levels of the organization
Plan and Build:
• In collaboration with the business and other IT roles, analyze, design and plan enhancements and new projects
• Document and analyze business inputs, model the business domain (using process diagrams, flowcharts, and data models) and explore behavior models (use case, user experience design, storyboards, wireframes, user profiles and user stories)
• Perform gap analysis, conduct feasibility studies and verify and confirm requirements, and own test planning and execution
• Aide US Patient Services stakeholders in selecting the solution that best fits their requirements by using assessment tools, evaluating alternate solutions, determining quality assurance mechanisms, and crafting and assessing an RFP
• Defines business specifications for approved projects, and work with IT teams to develop technical specifications and time lines.
• Effectively articulates how to execute on strategies and shape technology solutions, partnering with delivery teams and providing mentorship to business analysts when appropriate
• Manage issues, risks and requirements; resolve conflicts; gain approval through governance processes and track requirements through to business case approval
• Ensure that applications and systems are in compliance with current and emerging regulations, including but not limited to those defined by cGMP's, FDA regulations (21 CFR Part 11), EMEA regulations (Annex 11), Sarbanes-Oxley and HIPAA
• Provide budgeting and forecasting data for US Patient Services projects transitioning to long term support or enhancements to existing systems and license requirements and projects in association with commercial stakeholders and commercial IT team members
• Provide input & recommendations on system support resource needs
Education & Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree (required)
• More than 7 years relevant IT/business experience, including project scoping, analysis, and documentation of business and technical requirements (required)
• Experience in or supporting Commercial in a Biotech, Pharmaceutical, or Life Sciences industry (preferred)
• Experience consulting or working in complex, global matrix organization (preferred)
• Experience or certification in ITIL service management framework OR PMI (preferred)
Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies: (Only include if there is enough room)
Shire Leadership Behaviors
• Positive-inspires a passion for growth, challenge and innovation
• Accountable-takes responsibility and fulfills commitments
• Results Driven-generates breakthrough solutions to critical issues
• An Excellent Manager of Self and Others-develops high performance in self, individuals and teams
• Relationship Management - creates relationships, builds trust and partners with internal and external stakeholders, using a consultative approach to negotiate and confront conflict positively; conveys information in a way that is understood and actionable
• Strategy & Innovation - balances the people, process and technology components that comprise strategic solutions, knowing where technology is going and providing stakeholders with a long-term view while questioning assumptions and imagining future possibilities
• Technical & Digital Literacy - understands technology fundamentals to support cloud computing, social and mobile solutions, data analytics and digital solutions
• Unified Mindset - promotes sharing of information and resources and avoids a silo mentality by taking an overall IT perspective when making decisions
Commercial Technology Skills & Competencies
• Good understanding of how business works and various commercial models in the biotech / life sciences industry
• Knowledge of systems and processes related to several of the following commercial operation applications and systems:
o Customer Relationship Management (i.e. Veeva, Salesforce.com)
o Master Data Management (i.e. Informatica)
o Digital Promotion Platforms (i.e. FICO, Epsilon, Exact Target)
o Web content and SEO
o Commercial Data Warehousing
o Commercial Data Analytics (i.e. Qlikview, Cognos, Business Objects)
o Targeting and Alignment, zip-territory files, etc.
o Mobile applications
• Project management mindset with intermediate to advanced PM skills
• Knowledge or background in working with patient services call centers (preferred)
• Familiarity with validated systems, such as REMS (preferred)
• Experience managing vendors (preferred)
• Experience supporting Rare Disease or Orphan drug commercial teams (preferred)
Other Job Requirements:
Up to 10% Travel. Duties will sometimes call for early or late meetings and/or attendance to meetings on holidays and weekends.
Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We strive to develop best-in-class products across our core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Ophthalmics, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal/Internal Medicine/Endocrine, Hereditary Angioedema, and Oncology.
A little about us:
At Shire, we help people with rare diseases and specialized conditions live their lives to the fullest.