At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a 3M is seeking US Process Accounting Analyst for the U.S. Accounting Center (USAC) organization located in Maplewood, Minnesota. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go. Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of US Process Accounting Analyst
will be part of the Process Accounting team for the US Acquisitions & Divestitures team. This team performs US accounting activities and provides process leadership for separate legal entities. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure the accuracy and compliance of US financial statements
- Implement data trending that can be used throughout the month to correct errors at the source and understand financial performance
- Lead process standardization efforts, including documenting current processes and identifying opportunities to create efficiency and drive improvements at the source
- Partner with the USAC US Business Accounting team to identify trends and provide financial insight
- Participate in preparation and implementation activities as part of the transition to SAP
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in accounting
- Bachelor's degree or higher (ex. Master's in Accounting) in Accounting from an accredited university
- CPA and/or CMA certification
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in accounting
- Advanced user of Excel & experience with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word)
- Experience running queries from a data warehouse (or a database with reporting tool like Business Objects Web Intelligence, Micro Strategy or equivalent.)
- SAP experience
- Sound analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to effectively influence and collaborate with partner organizations
- Project leadership
- Considers implications across Finance and functional teams
- Demonstrates ability to think "outside of the box" and embrace change
- Proven problem solver and successful at implementing change
: Maplewood, MNTravel:
May include up to 10% domestic travelRelocation Benefits:
Are not authorized for this position
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.