GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy OnShore Wind
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Renewable Energy is a 9 billion dollar start-up that brings together one of the broadest product and service portfolios of the renewable energy industry. With 13,000 employees present in more than 40 countries, and headquartered in Paris, GE Renewable Energy is backed-up by the resources of the world's first digital industrial company. We take the earth's most abundant resources - the strength of the wind, the force of water, and the heat of the sun, - and put them to work with breakthrough technology that unleashes their true possibilities. Combining onshore and offshore wind, hydro and innovative technologies such as concentrated solar power, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 370 gigawatts capacity globally to make the world work better and cleaner.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
US Wind Senior Rotor Subsystem Engineer
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
As a US Wind Senior Rotor Subsystem Engineer, you will be at the forefront of wind turbine rotor technology and system design in GE Renewable Energy Onshore Wind. You will define rotor requirements for new products and ensure these requirements are met as well as lead product development projects from concept development through turbine operation, field issues and issue resolution.
You will work with a diverse, cross functional team to execute component / system trade studies and select best designs against multiple criteria.
As the US Wind Senior Rotor Subsystem Engineer, you will:
* Perform subsystem tradeoffs to identify the most cost effective rotor design that meets program requirements
* Utilize tradeoffs to enable modular component designs, identify areas for smart margin, & identify strategic system performance upgrade
* Translate top level design memo requirements into specific, technical rotor component requirements for Design Center of Excellence (COE)
* Own rotor requirements and partner with Design COEs to meet these requirements and effectively execute programs
* Identify key product / program risks & develop mitigation plans
* Coordinate between Design COE, Supply Chain, Field Services, Manufacturing & Validation teams
* Execute the design, analysis, and/or evaluation of projects with engineering excellence, adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
* Own the definition of interfaces between components
* Conduct 3D model reviews with Product Definition Engineering and Design COE
* Work with other subsystem teams to define and review interfaces between subsystems
* Identify and drive cost-out within the rotor subsystem from short-term execution to long-term technology strategy
* Lead EHS reviews of rotor subsystem during new product introduction (NPI) programs and for other subsystem design modifications
* Leverage, maintain and/or implement certification requirements for components and subsystems during NPIs and other subsystem design programs
* Gather simulation, factory, laboratory and field test data to validate system and component capabilities
* Urgently solve potential safety & customer issues via SAFER cases, Risk Cause Analysis, PAC (Power Assurance Check) cases, etc, as needed
* Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments
* Present at or review formal technical and program reviews
* Document technical data generated and lessons learned for projects and tasks while following documentation policies and procedures
* Drive simplification and standardization best practices into engineering analyses, validation, and program execution
* Execute peer reviews wherever possible to minimize formal design reviews and accelerate design time
* Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in an engineering position
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Minimum of 4 years of experience in a Wind engineering position
* Experience with mechanical systems & designs, including expertise with wind turbine blade design, bearing design and/or structural components
* Experience with problem solving tools and techniques
* Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Ability to work in a matrix team environment
* EEDP (Edison Engineering Development Program)Graduate (GE employees only)
* Green Belt or Black Belt Certification or equivalent quality certification
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.