1. User Experience Research experience(Creating user study test scripts, moderator guides, surveys, card sort methods & reports, user test analysis)
2. Experience with wireframing/prototyping software such as Visio, Axure, Balsamiq, or Omnigraffle to create process maps and user stories.
3. Familiarity with web standards including HTML, CSS, and web accessibility best practices
The Usability Analyst role will evaluate new and existing user interfaces; test a variety of solutions with users, and present findings and recommendations to drive future improvements. Candidates must be able to craft both online and in-person testing plans for various desktop, tablet, and mobile designs within the team's software development release cycle. The ability to incorporate task based analysis, process mapping, and user feedback into user stories will be a key responsibility. This role will work closely with key departmental management and project stakeholders across the organization. The ability to work collaboratively and effectively with all levels of management and staff is a key priority in this role. This role also requires a high degree of interaction with Java developers and technical architects.
* Support and coordinate periodic as well as ad-hoc user research projects.
* Conduct heuristic evaluations of existing systems and future designs.
* Collaborate with product owners, user interface architects, and interface developers to develop UI improvement plans.
* Record testing activities and present findings in a concise and clear manner.
* Must be able to articulate ideas, promote usability, and persuade audiences on paper and in person.
* Coordinate with business, technology, visual, structural, content, and brand strategists.
* Assist with defining reusable digital interface patterns and assets that can reduce development timelines and cost as well as promote consistency and usability across a variety of platforms.
* Bachelor's Degree in related field and 5+ years of professional experience.
* Solid understanding of device audio/video recording and editing software.
* Experience with wireframing/prototyping software such as Visio, Axure, Balsamiq, or Omnigraffle.
* Familiarity with web standards including HTML, CSS, and web accessibility best practices.
* Strong communication skills and the ability to work within project schedules and deadlines
* Experience with online testing and in-person test moderation.
* Background check, drug screen, and credit check will be required.
* Advanced degree a plus
* Knowledge of psychology, human factors, human-computer interaction, or other disciplines related to user experience
* Certified Usability Analyst (CUA) Certification
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.