- Apply proven and documented design techniques, methods and solutions.
- Maintain current in design techniques, tools and trends.
- Creation of:
- Standards and style guide documents for product(s).
- Design direction white papers
- UI specifications for entire product
- Team lead within department for a product.
- Technical coordination of deliverables for self and junior staff.
- Manage open design issues and propose (close) usability issues with specific design recommendations.
- Responsible for design details of recommendations resulting from testing and evaluation.
- Lead cross-UI team design reviews for assigned product(s).
- Clearly communicate plans, methods, results, and recommendations in written and oral presentations to developers and UI managers.
- Plan and conduct customer research (e.g. site visits, surveys and focus groups) along with senior team member.
- Validate proper implementation of accepted deliverables.
- Provide proper QA feedback for assigned product(s).
Leadership and Independence:
- Operate with supervision from manager and/or more senior designer on usability projects.
- Demonstrate ability to document root cause of UI design issues instead of symptoms and propose clear solutions.
- Mentor junior level designers.
- Exercise effective interviewing technique to accurately judge a candidate's competency of a position.
- Primary technical contact with development teams on UI design issues.
- Daily contact with development teams (usually a virtual member of the team.)
- Assists in managing and prioritizing the workload of junior designers in their product/project.
- Oversee technical work of contractors.
- Educate developers and development managers to explain UCD (user-centered design) value and process.
- Maintain project(s) plan, schedule and status independently.
- Demonstrate mature and responsible attitude to all aspects of assigned position.
- Exercise flexibility and adaptability towards achieving the overall objectives of the group/division.
- Demonstrate all Oracle core competencies for given level.
- On-time delivery of high-quality UI resource files.
- Detailed specifications.
- Detailed UI prototypes ready for customer preview and evaluation.
- Authors (or contributes to) design recommendation section of usability reports.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all UI platform standards (e.g., thick-client, thin-client, mobile.)
- UI Software Tools, e.g.:
- Creative Cloud Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.)
- Advanced UI design principles relating to feature-function allocation, (e.g.: determination of metaphor, menu structure and number and types of windows used in the design, layout, style, information presentation.)
- Operational knowledge and capability with products in an assigned domain.
- Knowledge of competitive products in your product area.
- Advanced HCI principles and understanding of analytical methods and how/when they affect the design process (e.g.: user-centered design principles and practices.)
- Thorough knowledge and application of UI accessibility requirements.
- Basic HTML and CSS is a plus.
- MS/MFA in Industrial, Graphic Design or CS (or BS/BA with equivalent experience.)
- 3-8 years of work experience.
- Demonstrated being a key member of a UI team through an entire product life cycle that has delivered a successful product to market.
- Thorough architectural knowledge of the assigned Oracle product domain.
Responsible for creating, evaluating and modifying prototypes to support evolving hardware and software application development.
As a member of the User Experience team, you will develop and apply software design/usability processes in the investigation of technical problems. May develop user profiles, with emphasis on human error control, display issues, visual interaction, physical manipulation and task and objective analyses. Provide product usability, evaluation and support to product development teams, including the analysis and investigation of applications/systems including tactile methods, visual graphics, web, multimedia, voice response and conversational user interaction. May assist in developing design concept and implementation, providing input on user design considerations. May produce specifications describing user needs and internal structures for product in development.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Typically four years of software engineering or related experience needed.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.