User Experience Designer - Applications UX Team
Posted: August 29, 2016
Reference ID: 16000YQF
Oracle's User Experience team brings together some of the world's best designer and usability engineers to create next-generation user experiences. We use the latest industry standards and best practices to design applications that help our customers do their jobs better.
Description & Responsibilities
• Identifying requirements, developing user model, designing and prototyping UI for interaction, documenting and maintaining UI specifications and guidelines
• Communicating with strategy and development teams to evangelize User Experience design directions and resolve design tradeoffs and implementation issues
• Producing storyboards, scenarios, flowcharts, wire frames, prototypes
• Collaborating with usability engineers to conduct necessary research and support usability efforts throughout the standard development cycle
• Mentoring junior designers and student interns
• 5 years of industry experience designing User Experience on products that will be shipped
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Industrial Design, Visual Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science or related discipline
• Strong conceptual and analytical skills and demonstrated ability to design elegant User Experience solutions to user problems
• Proven track record in applying user-centered design processes and methods to product development
• Design creative and aesthetically sound visualizations to communicate analysis results, data characteristics, messages and themes, ideas, processes, and methodologies in both textual and graphic mediums. Strong communication and people skills in working in a multi-disciplinary, collaborative environment
• Domain knowledge of financials, human resources management, learning management, customer relationship management, supply chain management, business analytics, or project management is a plus
The preferred candidate will understand the principles of reaching human beings through design and making software delightful and intuitive. A design portfolio is requested in order to be considered, and your portfolio should demonstrate Design Thinking principles and best practices.
Responsible for creating, evaluating and modifying prototypes to support evolving hardware and software application development.
As a member of the User Experience team, you will develop and apply software design/usability processes in the investigation of technical problems. May develop user profiles, with emphasis on human error control, display issues, visual interaction, physical manipulation and task and objective analyses. Provide product usability, evaluation and support to product development teams, including the analysis and investigation of applications/systems including tactile methods, visual graphics, web, multimedia, voice response and conversational user interaction. May assist in developing design concept and implementation, providing input on user design considerations. May produce specifications describing user needs and internal structures for product in development.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Typically four years of software engineering or related experience needed.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.