At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities. In January 2016, MetLife announced a plan to pursue the separation of a substantial portion of its U.S. Retail segment. Once separated, the new business will be called Brighthouse Financial.
Brighthouse Financial will serve customers the way they want, need and deserve. It will focus on eliminating the complexity, confusion and cost that can get in the way of many Americans who are seeking financial security. We will bring products to the market that add value to our customers' lives, and will be guided by a common set of values that focus on the customer and drive accountability.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking high-performing team members who are passionate about the company's mission. We are laser-focused on adding value to our customers and minimizing complexity in every decision and action. We are building high performing teams who set the bar high and hold each other accountable.
User Experience Designers at MetLife work on projects for major consumer-facing and financial advisor-facing platforms. As a part of our team, you'll provide key user experience deliverables that seamlessly guide our customers through simple end-to-end experiences. You'll research, design and test customer-focused solutions for a variety of digital properties while maintaining consistency of design patterns.
The ideal candidate is passionate and deeply committed to the evangelizing for the customer. Has an unswerving desire to design easy-to-use experiences that are simple and intelligent with a user-centered approach. You'll collaborate with other creative souls, like Pixel Passionate Interaction Designers, Fearless Visual Designers, Code Crushing Developers, Detail-Oriented Content Strategists, "Get the Job Done" Project Managers and other key stakeholders. We want someone who is ready to soak up as much from this fast-paced friendly environment as they contribute with amazing design and never ending curiosity. Job Location
United States : North Carolina : Charlotte Alternate Job Location
Not Applicable : Not Applicable Job DescriptionWe can offer you:
What you bring to the table:
- The ability to challenge yourself and perfect your UX knowledge and design skills.
- To be a part of a highly motivated, fun and passionate team.
- To help re-design the future of the financial industry.
- To define and reinvent the financial digital space.
- Champion the needs of all customer groups and use that knowledge to help influence business strategies and design decisions.
- Interview consumers, Advisors and Wholesalers, conduct competitor analysis, analyze users' behaviors and make recommendations based on insights.
- Conduct A/B tests and Usability tests to determine which design options best satisfy our user needs.
- Draft initial concepts and convey design ideas using journey maps, wireframes, prototypes and user stories to explain the user processes and ideal advisor and consumer experience.
- Validate UI, layout, interaction, and content designs through usability testing.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, and process flows with various levels of fidelity to prototype and test to ensure a positive user experience.
- Provide organizational and problem-solving abilities that enable you to decipher user insight through various forms of customer analysis.
- Run concept-validation studies for new product and feature ideas.
- A healthy User Experience background with 5+ years' experience.
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates not only your stellar designs, processes, and thinking but tells the story of how you were integral to the overall design process.
- An intimate knowledge of industry tools, and solid understanding of designing intuitive site functionality, interaction, site architecture, user interfaces, and navigation.
- Strong conceptual thinking.
- A high level of curiosity.
- A capacity for constant learning from both success and failure.
- Open to change and continuous improvement.
- Strong verbal and written communication with the ability to effectively articulate and communicate vision, possibilities, and outcomes across all levels in the organization.
- Strong understanding of User Center Design Processes and Methodologies.
- Ability to contribute ideas and execute the ideas of others quickly and competently.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Exposure to the local startup landscape.
- Insurance industry experience.
Bachelor's degree in Design, HCI, or any other related field of expertise. Business Category
Marketing Number of Openings
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace. Note to Mobile Users: If viewing on a mobile device and would like to apply, please email the job to yourself and complete the application from a desktop/laptop. Note to Desktop/Laptop Users: For immediate consideration, click Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which takes 10 - 15 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job. Internal Use Only: 11M
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.