Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
Responsible for improving the digital experience of customers through a combination of applied Design Thinking, UX design and visual design techniques. Facilitates insight generation through empathy interviews, leads ideation workshops and creates design artifacts that will result in enhanced customer experiences. Ensures that the voice of the customer is captured and honored throughout the product lifecycle so that the design vision is faithfully executed by technology partners. Use the latest design and development practices to create customer-centric solutions.KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Utilize Design Thinking processes and techniques in partnership with business and technology leaders and practitioners
- Ensure that customer insights are applied to proposed features and functionality for a portfolio of digital products
- Create design artifacts of all kinds, from personas and customer journeys to concept sketches, low fidelity layouts, high fidelity design comps and interactive prototypes
- Lead ongoing prototype refinement through continual iteration based on customer feedback and technical feasibility
- Exhibit a high level of comfort with designing throughout the discovery and delivery phases of the product lifecycle, from initial empathy interviews to sprinting with agile development teams
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- Bachelor's degree in design, human factors, psychology or related disciplines preferred
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 2 years of related experience
- Ability to facilitate cross-functional design sessions
- Great listener, but able to stand firm on convictions and influence peers when needed
- Ability to translate observed opportunities into engaging user experiences through rapid iterations of design and testing
- Ability to develop and communicate the user's mental models
- Experience in creating insight-driven design strategies
- Experience creating classic UX deliverables and prototypes at all levels of fidelity
- Ability to use contemporary design tools, such as Adobe CC, Sketch, Axure, Invision, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to formulate learning agendas for product designs
- Financial Services / Mortgage Industry Experience helpful, but not required
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A little about us:
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.