Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
Responsible for improving the digital experience of customers through a combination of applied Design Thinking, UX design and visual design techniques. Facilitates insight generation through empathy interviews, leads ideation workshops and creates design artifacts that will result in enhanced customer experiences. Ensures that the voice of the customer is captured and honored throughout the product lifecycle so that the design vision is faithfully executed by technology partners. Use the latest design and development practices to create customer-centric solutions.KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
#LI-VN1 Qualifications: EDUCATION
- Utilize Design Thinking processes and techniques in partnership with business and technology leaders and practitioners
- Ensure that customer insights are applied to proposed features and functionality for a portfolio of digital products
- Create design artifacts of all kinds, from personas and customer journeys to concept sketches, low fidelity layouts, high fidelity design comps and interactive prototypes
- Lead ongoing prototype refinement through continual iteration based on customer feedback and technical feasibility
- Exhibit a high level of comfort with designing throughout the discovery and delivery phases of the product lifecycle, from initial empathy interviews to sprinting with agile development teams
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 6 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree in Content Strategy, Writing or Communications
- 6 years' experience working in an agency or in-house creative environment
- Familiar with Design Thinking methodology
- Examples of work that showcase your creativity and ability to translate complex material into human-centric language
- A passion for storytelling and how it elevates customer experience
- Ability to synthesize research findings into digestible nuggets of insight
- Experience managing web site content development and providing strategic communication support
- The ability to present your work with confidence regardless of the audience
- Demonstrated ability to keep up with current industry trends is required
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A little about us:
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.