We are looking for a talented User Experience Designer to join our Product Development Team. You will be responsible for developing best-in-class experiences (user interface designs, interaction models, prototypes, etc.) in a fast-paced, startup-like environment. You will work closely with product management, engineering and company leaders to successfully go from early stage product concepts to launch.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Work closely with a cross-functional team that includes engineers and product managers to create simple, easy to use software.
• Brainstorm, research, wireframe, design and refine user experiences - all within specified product requirements and deadlines.
• Create process flows, conceptual diagrams, wireframes, and visual designs to effectively communicate high-level design strategies and detailed interaction behaviors.
• First and foremost, you should have an excellent eye for design. You should know great UI when you see it, and be able to explain why it is great.
• Be a self-starter who can quickly jump in without a lot of direction, and learn by asking the right questions.
• You should be fluent and productive in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, Balsamiq, Axure RP, PowerPoint and/or Keynote.
• Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions.
• Ability to quickly grasp and distill highly complex user design issues into clean, understandable solutions.
• Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
• Ability to work in a collaborative team environment directly with developers for implementation of designs.
Responsible for creating, evaluating and modifying prototypes to support evolving hardware and software application development.
As a member of the User Experience team, you will develop and apply software design/usability processes in the investigation of technical problems. May develop user profiles, with emphasis on human error control, display issues, visual interaction, physical manipulation and task and objective analyses. Provide product usability, evaluation and support to product development teams, including the analysis and investigation of applications/systems including tactile methods, visual graphics, web, multimedia, voice response and conversational user interaction. May assist in developing design concept and implementation, providing input on user design considerations. May produce specifications describing user needs and internal structures for product in development.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Typically four years of software engineering or related experience needed.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.