3 years of work experience in a User Experience Developer-related occupation required, including
1. Generating user profiles, task flows, user interface architecture diagrams, user interface specifications and guidelines, and mockups of page flows for applications;
2. UI tools including Microsoft Visio, Adobe Dreamweaver, Omnigraffle, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Photoshop;
3. Generating user interaction designs based on defined requirements that adhere to predetermined guidelines and standards;
4. Leveraging user profiles and usability research in re-defining existing user interaction designs.
5. Demonstrated success applying user centered design in a corporate context
6. B.A./M.A. in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or related field
Expectations for this role
• Advanced knowledge of GUI standards across platforms (desktop, Java, web, mobile)
• Advanced skill in and application of design principles (feature function allocation, metaphor, menu/object structure, windows usage, layout, style, information design)
• Advanced understanding of user centered design (UCD) process
• Advanced skill with and application of UI design tools
• Familiarity with usability evaluation methods, metrics, and data and how they are applied in the UCD process.
• Detailed knowledge of Oracle products in their assigned domain; considered an expert in their product area; familiar with competitive products
• Detailed knowledge of Oracle UI technology with ability to design new UI functionality
• Create wireframe designs based on product requirements, then publish design specifications to our internal website for consumption by developement
• Lead live UI reviews when development finishes writing the code, log issues found, audit progress of bugs to closure
• Contributes design solutions to usability reports and design solutions for problems that cross multiple usability activities
• Plans, conducts, and/or supervises customer research activities (site visits, surveys, focus groups)
• Leads product design reviews for compliance with corporate UI standards
• Educates development, product management and strategy about UCD principles and deliverables
• May present at industry conferences or contribute papers to professional publications
• Works with product management, strategy, and development on the project's design
• Leads cross-functional team meetings
• Receives some coaching from UI architect or manager
• Supervises contractors and interns as needed
• Participates in hiring process
• Demonstrates mature and responsible attitude to all aspects of assigned position
• Exercises flexibility and adaptability towards achieving the overall objectives of the group/division
Be able to work in our Redwood Shores, CA location
Responsible for creating, evaluating and modifying prototypes to support evolving hardware and software application development.
As a member of the User Experience team, you will develop and apply software design/usability processes in the investigation of technical problems. May develop user profiles, with emphasis on human error control, display issues, visual interaction, physical manipulation and task and objective analyses. Provide product usability, evaluation and support to product development teams, including the analysis and investigation of applications/systems including tactile methods, visual graphics, web, multimedia, voice response and conversational user interaction. May assist in developing design concept and implementation, providing input on user design considerations. May produce specifications describing user needs and internal structures for product in development.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Typically four years of software engineering or related experience needed.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.