Sr. User Experience UX Designer
Oracle's Cloud Infrastructure Team
is building new Infrastructure-as-a-Service technologies that operate at high scale in a broadly distributed multi-tenant cloud environment. Our customers run their businesses on our cloud and our mission is to provide them with best-in-class compute, storage, networking, database, security and an ever-expanding set of foundational cloud-based services.
We are looking for a talented Senior User Experience (UX) Designer
to join the UX team and design innovative experiences in a fast-paced, startup-like environment. We are at an early stage, working on ambitious new initiatives. Your work will have direct impact on both the user experience and the industry as we work to redefine this space. About You
You obsessively advocate on the users behalf, have a clear understanding of their goals and how they align or conflict with business goals and technical constraints.
You effectively collaborate with other team members and make positive contributions to interactions with cross-functional disciplines including product management, engineering, documentation, QA, and support to successfully go from early stage product discovery to deployment.
You create and deliver high-quality, detail-oriented, user interface designs, information architecture diagrams, interaction models and UI prototypes.
You explore a variety of design directions before arriving at a solution and routinely conduct design reviews with other designers and cross-functional team members.
You are able to articulate your design decisions with sound logic and provide supporting arguments that include data, user research or industry standards.
You know when to dig deep, when to pushback and also when to make trade-offs to get things done.
You are probably fun, or possibly funny, or you just think you're funny and you wouldn't mind taking the occasional break to play (or watch others play) a little Smash Bros. Responsibilities
- Collaborate. Innovate. Simplify. Iterate.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams-including product managers, engineers, content strategists, quality assurance and support to create elegant and easy to use designs that meet the requirements while raising the user experience bar.
- Create user profiles or personas.
- Generate user interface requirements from business goals, project requirements, technical and time constraints.
- Create process flows, conceptual diagrams, wireframes and visual designs to effectively communicate high-level design strategies and detailed interactions.
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers and team members.
- Present your work to and garner buy-in from cross-functional team members, stakeholders and leadership.
- Provide detailed design documentation and deliverables that support and enable implementation efforts across engineering, content strategy, and quality assurance in delivering high-quality software at a high velocity.
- Create and own new design patterns and processes.
- Contribute to design strategy and thought leadership discussions.
- BA/BS degree in Design, HCI, CS or related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 Years of industry experience in UX design, Information architecture or Visual Design.
- Experience with visual and interaction design tools (Adobe CS, OmniGraffle, etc.)
- Ability to support your work verbally and visually with well-thought out design rationale, data or user research.
- A strong portfolio or samples of work demonstrating creative and innovative design solutions.
- Ability to quickly grasp and distill highly complex user design issues into clean, understandable solutions.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment directly with developers for implementation of designs.
- Experience with responsive and/or mobile design.
- Experience conducting user research and usability studies.
- Knowledge of Cloud Computing.
- Experience with HTML/CSS.
Responsible for creating, evaluating and modifying prototypes to support evolving hardware and software application development.
As a member of the User Experience team, you will develop and apply software design/usability processes in the investigation of technical problems. May develop user profiles, with emphasis on human error control, display issues, visual interaction, physical manipulation and task and objective analyses. Provide product usability, evaluation and support to product development teams, including the analysis and investigation of applications/systems including tactile methods, visual graphics, web, multimedia, voice response and conversational user interaction. May assist in developing design concept and implementation, providing input on user design considerations. May produce specifications describing user needs and internal structures for product in development.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Typically seven years of software engineering or related experience needed.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.