Oracle is funding an internal initiative to enable collaboration and accelerate research around cancer. Our working title is ORACLE Cancer Cloud and t is an extremely ambitious project that brings assets from across the corporation to provide researchers a private area for them to conduct their research. In exchange we will curate their data, anonymize it, and aggregate it into a massive data warehouse that can be accessed by all the players in the ecosystem (researchers in academic centers, pharma, payers, clinicians providing care, etc.) . The idea is that not only can we provide the infrastructure to make research more efficient, but also to provide the means to patients who have cancer can get the best treatments available and be aware of the most current research being done. Department Description:
Our team will be driving the design, development, and delivery of the Cancer Cloud. We will be at the cutting edge of data acquisition, integration and curation for all types of data necessary to support research, clinical, therapeutics, etc. We will leverage assets from inside and outside to company to ensure the best options are available to our constituents. Position Overview:
The Cloud Product Management team is looking for a User Experience Design Lead with a strong background in both UI/UX and Design. The incumbent will work as a part of a team developing a new product that requires an exceptional client experience and will focus on helping clients better understand the "messages in their data." As a member of the Product Management team, this individual will have the ability to define and drive core concepts related to usability and user experience, while defining and owning best practices. The incumbent will also work with the product and development teams to develop and refine user personas and stories. Job Responsibilities:
This role requires strong visual and interaction design skills as well as ability to work on complex UI/UX challenges. This includes creating and implementing visual vocabularies, data visualizations, and interaction workflows. This role will also require the ability to prioritize and assess requests and opportunities as well as define and maintain a roadmap around usability and design initiatives.
• Refine user scenarios, personas, and user stories working with Customers and Product Managers
• Facilitate cross-functional design focused collaboration
- Create designs and flows of varying levels of fidelity from rough drawings to wireframes to high fidelity. Specify details of interaction design, review designs with stakeholders, and manage the process of iterating on the designs.
• Ability to present and speak to usability and design impact, enhancements and value
• Validate product specifications with users/user communities
• Make solid prioritizations for your work to meet project objectives Candidate Profile:
• 7 years' experience working on UI/UX for complex web applications / SaaS products (not just web sites)
• Demonstrated ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment where iterative design and development approaches are followed
• Highly skilled at the development of data visualization approaches that help users make sense of large amounts of complex data
• Exceptional visual design and data/architecture visualization skills
• Proficiency in interaction design and information architecture
• Ability to clearly articulate design rationales and facilitate productive discussions
• Highly experienced at working in blank-slate environments
• Ability to break down goals and objectives into a reliable work plan
• Exceptional communication and negotiation skills supported with a facts-based approach to hypothesis driven decision-making
- Solid user-centered design skills with emphasis on interaction design skills
- Strong working knowledge of design tools such as Photoshop, Visio, Balsamiq, etc.
- Ability to showcase and share designs using prototyping tools
• Experimental design knowledge sufficient to plan usability experiments
• Prior experience in UI/UX design in the healthcare field is a plus
• Experience with REST APIs a plus
• An understanding of biological and/or clinical concepts a plus Top 3 skill sets / technologies in the ideal candidate:
1. User stories / user persona / scenario experience
2. Design / Flow Chart / Mock up experience
3. Deep understanding of usability
* Healthcare experience would be preferred
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.Qualifications:
Responsible for creating, evaluating and modifying prototypes to support evolving hardware and software application development.
As a member of the User Experience team, you will develop and apply software design/usability processes in the investigation of technical problems. May develop user profiles, with emphasis on human error control, display issues, visual interaction, physical manipulation and task and objective analyses. Provide product usability, evaluation and support to product development teams, including the analysis and investigation of applications/systems including tactile methods, visual graphics, web, multimedia, voice response and conversational user interaction. May assist in developing design concept and implementation, providing input on user design considerations. May produce specifications describing user needs and internal structures for product in development.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Typically seven years of software engineering or related experience needed.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.