Come join Oracle and help us build the next generation of advanced services for the world's most popular database! We are hiring a team of talented and creative professionals to help us build out our monitoring, management, and provisioning tools for our customer's private database cloud environments. Our web application will utilize the latest technologies to provide a cutting edge, desktop-like user experience in the browser!
For this position, we are seeking a senior UI/UX design professional to join our growing team in the United States.
- Identify requirements, developing user model, designing and prototyping UI for interaction, documenting and maintaining UI specifications
- Communicate with Product Management and development teams to evangelize UI design directions and resolve design tradeoffs and implementation issues
- Produce storyboards, scenarios, flowcharts, wireframes, interactive prototypes
- Collaborate with usability engineers and product managers to conduct necessary research and support usability efforts throughout the standard development cycle
- Three to five years of industry experience designing and prototyping UI for interaction on shipped or to be shipped products
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Industrial Design, Visual Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or related discipline
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills and demonstrated ability to prototype and design elegant UI solutions to user problems
- Proven track record in applying user centered design to product development
- Strong communication and people skills while working in a multidisciplinary, collaborative environment
- Ability to see the big picture as well as careful attention to detail
- Knowledge of Bootstrap, CSS Preprocessors (e.g. SASS, LESS, etc), and jQuery is highly desirable
- Experience with Balsamiq Mockups is desirable
Responsible for creating, evaluating and modifying prototypes to support evolving hardware and software application development.
As a member of the User Experience team, you will develop and apply software design/usability processes in the investigation of technical problems. May develop user profiles, with emphasis on human error control, display issues, visual interaction, physical manipulation and task and objective analyses. Provide product usability, evaluation and support to product development teams, including the analysis and investigation of applications/systems including tactile methods, visual graphics, web, multimedia, voice response and conversational user interaction. May assist in developing design concept and implementation, providing input on user design considerations. May produce specifications describing user needs and internal structures for product in development.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Typically seven years of software engineering or related experience needed.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.