Additional Location(s) or Information: This position is available to Bachelor's and Master's level Students. Positions are located East Coast, West Coast and Central US. Not all positions offer sponsorship or are available at all locations. Relocation is available for some locations and or positions.
Job Category: Engineer - Software
Level of Experience: Intern
Requisition #: S1014968
What You'll Do
• Interaction Designer - Design end to end user experiences through brainstorming, conceptual models, use cases and scenarios, personas, wireframe mock-ups, interactions flows, low-fidelity prototypes, and specification documents
• Visual Designer - Design end to end user experiences through conceptual design, visual systems and language, mood boards, low- and medium-fidelity prototypes, final comps, and visual specification documents
• User Research -Plan and execute research studies with guidance from the User Research Lead.
Who You'll Work With
Billions of people are counting on you. Join Cisco to help improve their online experiences! We're looking for great people who thrive on the challenge of building great products. Our products include cloud, social, mobile/wireless, video, VoIP, big data, collaboration, web, Internet of Things, TelePresence and a lot more. We're looking for people who will help us build these technologies for the future and, more importantly, define what we should do when they all come together. Bring your knowledge of building great user experiences and take it to a new level as you dive in and help us build the future of communication and collaboration.
Who You Are
• Currently pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree in Human-Computer Interaction, User Experience Design, Human Factors, Product Design, Industrial Design, Visual or Graphic Design, Communications Design, or a related major
• Minimum of a 3.0 GPA or higher
• Solid understanding of user-centered design based on HCI, visual, or industrial design foundations
• Produce clear, user-centric design across mobile, desktop, web and hardware endpoints
• Contribute to all aspects of design including need-finding, user research, concepting, detailed design, development of use cases and scenarios, and engineering support
• Partner closely with engineering and product management to rapidly iterate on designs based on user feedback, tech constraints, and market dynamics
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
#univsoftwarejobs #Engineering #SoftwareEngineer #ComputerScience @ciscocareers @ciscouniversity
Job Type: Intern/Co-Op
Opportunity Category: Internet of Everything
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.