LinkedIn Corp. is seeking a motivated, talented UED (User Experience Design) Researcher to join us. LinkedIn offers a research climate that encourages a wide range of methods and approaches to explore and understand our large suite of products. Our team is responsible for research that feeds the design, strategy and development of all products and services, covering both consumer (LinkedIn.com, mobile applications, subscriptions) and enterprise (talent, marketing and sales solutions).
As a UED Researcher, you will drive the complete research process and collaborate closely with cross-functional counterparts in Product Management, Design, Web Development, Marketing, and Engineering to influence key strategy and execution decisions. Your research will be instrumental in defining the next-generation of LinkedIn products, as you spearhead a human-centered decision-making process, and develop the most useful and usable product experiences for a global audience. Responsibilities
- Partner with design, product, and marketing colleagues to understand business needs and design appropriate research studies to generate focused insights.
- Design and conduct user research studies, including surveys, in-depth interviews, field studies, focus groups, and concept/prototype testing.
- Foster collaboration with designers, product managers, marketers and sales to translate insights into actionable recommendations that inform execution.
- Work in partnership with other researchers and organizations within LinkedIn (e.g., data analytics) to create comprehensive and coordinated research strategies that triangulate data from different sources/methods to develop recommendations.
- Cleverly deliver research findings with strong recommendations.
- 2+ years of experience practicing user or design research
- Degree in Psychology, Cognitive Science, Human Factors, Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction, Design, a related field - or equivalent experience.
- A passion for observing behavior and synthesizing insights into product design.
- The ability to quickly tailor and design effective, appropriate research approaches within constraints.
- Working knowledge of secondary research methods, including desk research, market research firms and other vendors.
- Self-motivated and execution-oriented. Ability to execute at a high level of quality in a fast-paced, complex environment.
- Ability to create compelling presentations and confidently convey insights through storytelling.
- Deep understanding of LinkedIn's products, and a point of view about them.
- Familiarity with quantitative methods preferred.
- Excellent sense of humor, flexible by nature, comfortable with ambiguity.
A little about us:
LinkedIn's vision is to create economic opportunity for every member of the global workforce. Our employee talent is our #1 operating priority.