We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today! Job Summary
As an integral member of the UX team, the role is responsible for informing and evaluating the next generation of our digital experiences. This starts by gaining knowledge through both primary and secondary research methods, and turning that knowledge into actionable recommendations. By designing, conducting, analyzing, and reporting on user-centered design research, the role will be instrumental in defining Farmers digital products. Essential Job Functions
- Designs studies that address both user behavior and attitudes.
- Coordinates, conducts, and moderates usability tests and prepare written analysis.
- Independently leads activities to define scope, goals, methodology, and participant criteria; recruit and schedule participants, moderate research sessions, analyze results, and report actionable findings to stakeholders.
- Collects, organizes, and analyzes qualitative data that directly relates to user experience design.
- Conducts research using a wide variety of qualitative methods (with a strong understanding of quantitative methods).
- Works with UX department and cross departmental teams to develop user test scripts that skillfully solicit feedback from users.
- Acts as a user research resource on cross-disciplinary project/product teams.
- Works with UX designers to test proposed look and feel designs and recommend features, functionality, and specific interactions based on analysis of business goals and user needs.
- Combines quantitative metrics and qualitative feedback into actionable improvements.
- Generate insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate designs.
Bachelor's degree, preferably in User Experience, Interaction Design, Cognitive Science, or Graphic Design, or Human Computer Interaction Experience Requirements
Special Skill Requirement
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant UX research experience.
- Experience designing and writing discussion guides, screeners, test protocols, and final reports.
Physical Actions Physical Environment Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
- Knowledge and understanding of UX best practices, Lean UX, mobile first, and Agile workflow.
- Preferably worked in a research role at consumer focused company.
- Working knowledge of secondary research methods, including desk research, market research firms, and other vendors.
- Demonstrated experience producing paper and digital prototypes for testing.