Activision is looking for a passionate and experienced researcher to carry out user research on some of the world's best-known franchises. The Researcher works under the direction of the Manager of Central User Research. Responsibilities:
- Carry out research using a number of methods, including, but not limited to: usability testing, balance testing, focus groups, interviews, surveys, heuristic evaluations, card sorts, exploratory research, and field studies
- Conduct and oversee user research for a major game mode or project under the direction of the manager, including all stages from planning to execution
- Craft and edit reports
- Provide and discuss research results directly to dev teams for implementation
- Provide design suggestions based on observation, research, and expertise
- Assist in project planning for user research efforts
- Maintain detailed records of study details, resources, expenses, etc.
- Manage the scheduling and work of, and provide coaching to junior staff
- Ensure the recruitment of participants is taken care of through internal or external recruiting methods
- Bachelor's degree required (branches of psychology, human computer interaction, human factors, marketing, communication, market research, or related field)
- Advanced degree is preferred
- 2 years experience conducting user research for video games on console or PC platforms
- Must be an avid video game player. Experience with FPS required.
- Good interpersonal communication (both written and verbal)
- Good organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to translate research findings into actionable product improvements
- Adaptable and quick learner that enjoys tackling a large variety of problems
- Ability to conduct research with participants of all ages
- Must have a passion for user research and video games
- Supervisory or management experience is a plus
Great Games Start with Great People! This is an exciting time to join us!
Ask anyone who works at Activision, or with Activision, their favorite thing about it, and they'll tell you, it's the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure and resources, but our success doesn't come from assembly lines producing widgets. Our success comes from people producing greatness together. We are nothing without our employee's brilliance. So if you're interested in our biggest priority, it's the people.
Headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, Activision operates at the intersection of technology, entertainment, esports, and consumer products. Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games, we are the creators of some of the world's biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our portfolio includes Call of Duty ® , Skylanders ® , and Destiny ® .
A little about us:
We are lucky to work in a business where imagination, creativity, and play aren't only encouraged, they're required.