• Plans & conducts usability evaluations (e.g., heuristic evaluation, cognitive walkthrough, usability tests) on individual products/prototypes or modules of larger products/prototypes, and develops user interface recommendations capable of implementation based on data analysis and interpretation
• Develop or adapt surveys, interview questionnaires
• Plans & conducts customer research (e.g., survey analysis, customer visits) and develops usability requirements from that research
• Writes portions of UI specs
• May produce UI prototypes
• Focus across products and/or product families
• Participate in cross-UI team design reviews
• BS/MS or Ph.D. in psychology, engineering, computer science, or related discipline
• 1-3 yr. industrial experience in computer systems development (may include internship accrued at 0.5 times experience requirement).
• AEP or equivalent
• Data collection software/automated data collection techniques
• Data analysis (e.g., SAS, SPSS, spreadsheet) and presentation (e.g., word processing, presentation, markup language, graphics)
• Application of User centered Design Process (UCD)
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills - should enjoy working in a multi-disciplinary, collaborative environment.
• Domain knowledge of customer relationship management, supply chain management, business analytics, or project management a plus
- Prototyping skills are desired.
- Familiarity with the user-centered design process.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
Responsible for creating, evaluating and modifying prototypes to support evolving hardware and software application development.
As a member of the User Experience team, you will develop and apply software design/usability processes in the investigation of technical problems. May develop user profiles, with emphasis on human error control, display issues, visual interaction, physical manipulation and task and objective analyses. Provide product usability, evaluation and support to product development teams, including the analysis and investigation of applications/systems including tactile methods, visual graphics, web, multimedia, voice response and conversational user interaction. May assist in developing design concept and implementation, providing input on user design considerations. May produce specifications describing user needs and internal structures for product in development.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation; displays understanding of roles, processes and procedures. Performs moderately complex problem solving with assistance and guidance in understanding and applying company policies and processes. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Typically one year of software engineering or related experience needed.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.