The Bluemix Garage is an "Innovation and Transformation" consultancy located in the heart of the start-up community. As a Garage User Experience Designer, you will be creating designs that help clients transform how they build apps on the cloud. Our design first organization applies IBM Design Thinking and Lean UX techniques to help our clients, large and small, deliver amazing experiences to their customers by helping them identify and build the right app. You will also be part of a practice that is leading the industry in how Design and Development are integrated to build engaging solutions that delight users in 4 to 12 week cycles. We collaborate closely with other Bluemix Garage locations in North America and internationally, so some travel is likely. Our fast paced, highly collaborative, and co-located teams makes the IBM Bluemix Garage the most exciting place for a designer to be.
We are looking for user experience designers that will create irresistible experiences - visual design experience is a plus. The preferred candidate must understand the principles of reaching human beings through design and making software delightful and intuitive. A design portfolio is required in order to be considered, and your portfolio will demonstrate strong story telling skills and a command of Design Thinking principles and best practices. In addition, you will have experience leading teams through Design Thinking exercises, and bringing designs to life with a multi-disciplinary team of design, development, and product management. Experience working in a contract services environment is a plus.
- Represent Design Thinking in discussions with prospective clients, assess design needs for projects, work with development lead to scope and craft proposals
- Lead Design Thinking workshops to arrive at minimum viable product (MVP) definition.
- With input from product management and development, design for the best possible user experience of the MVP, while considering all client objectives, including evaluation of Bluemix technology, Extreme Programming, and Design Thinking methods.
- Act as product management when necessary, to help client learn how to work in conjunction with Design Thinking and constantly maintain proper prioritization of user stories in development tracking systems.
- Ability to develop relationships with and manage expectations of clients to ensure the project is running smoothly and all client needs are met.
- Pull together retrospective presentations to document for the client the value-add of Design Thinking to their specific project.
- Evangelize Design Thinking with local team
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.