Greetings, students! We're geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in summer 2017. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard Entertainment employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind - one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you're applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!Quest Objectives
As a user interface (UI) design intern, you'll combine your passion for user-centric design and UI to make awesome stuff for our players. You'll be working alongside the UI design team, to shape and craft the best user experiences for some of the upcoming features in Heroes of the Storm. You will be working closely with engineers, product managers, and the overall UI team in designing creative and intuitive solutions for our players.
Join a team of seasoned professionals to bring the epic Blizzard experience to people all over the world.Intern Guild Requirements
- Currently enrolled in a college or university
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the Summer 2017 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 - 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 22, 2017 - August 11, 2017 or June 12, 2017 - September 1, 2017 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Passionate about user-centered design
- Conceptual thinker and detailed designer
- Experience in creating wireframes and user flows
- Able to prototype ideas - high or low fidelity prototypes
- Curious, eager to learn, humble yet ambitious
- Knowledge in with the Adobe Suite (Photoshop / Illustrator)
- Majoring in Graphic Design, user experience (UX) Design, Interaction Design, or Visual Design
WARNING! Applications that do not include all of the required materials will not be considered. We're serious about this - due to the volume of applications we receive, we only have time to consider complete submittals.
- Cover Letter
- Examples of wireframes and detailed designs with annotation
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.