Oracle Utilities Overview
Oracle Utilities delivers proven software applications that help utility companies of all types and sizes achieve competitive advantage, business performance excellence and a lower total cost of technology ownership. Oracle Utilities integrates industry-specific customer care and billing, network management, work and asset management, mobile workforce management and meter data management applications with the capabilities of Oracle's industry-leading enterprise applications, business intelligence tools, middleware, database technologies, as well as servers and storage. The software enables customers to adapt more nimbly to market deregulation, meet ever-evolving customer demands and deliver on environmental conservation commitments.
Oracle Utilities Global Business Unit (UGBU) enhances the Oracle brand by delivering best of breed business solutions and professional services to the utility industries around the world. Our customers value us above all other competitors because of our thought leadership, understanding of their needs, talents and superior ability to provide world-class solutions for the challenges they face. Our customer relationships can be leveraged by all of Oracle to grow Oracle's relevance in our industries.
Oracle Utilities CC&B | Customer Care and Billing Functional Architect
Responsible for developing practical and creative solutions in a way that solves business problems through facilitation of workshops with clients to deliver a clear specification of the customer's business requirements and a business-justified solution. Capture and understand the client's business requirements and specify system, application or process designs in a way that include client personnel and executives so that a complete and cost-effective solution design is produced.
Essential Job Functions:
• Understands the product technologies to be used and apply them appropriately.
• Analyzes software requirements, defines solution parameters and specifications.
• Leads the solution design process. Facilitates design workshops.
• Negotiates and manages functional scope to reduce business and technical risks for both the client and Oracle.
• Requires Software Development Lifecycle experience.
• Able to apply professional mastery and industry-wide understanding of technology, tools and methodologies to develop solutions in leading edge or critical situations
• Anticipates future customer, industry and information technology trends.
• Expert in business process area.
• Ability to review and understand multiple designs and ensure formation of a creative and cohesive solution.
• Superior ability to understand, articulate and address business issues, business drivers and needs.
• Able to influence direction of a senior management group in/outside analysis sessions.
• Able to conceptualise a solution of significant scope, across multiple business processes
• Able to manage the client's expectations so that the resultant system meets their budget and time constraints
• Full-life cycle Customer Information System Experience
• CIS implementation experience
• Utilities industry experience
• Consulting background, preferably with Big x Consultancy
• Experience with Oracle Customer Care and Billing ( CC&B ) or competing Customer Information System (CIS) solutions
Required Skills and Qualifications:
o Good written and oral communication skills, presentation and other customer-facing skills
o Multitasking capabilities to enable effective performance on multiple projects
o Strong application knowledge of enterprise application software
o Strong technical skills with good troubleshooting skills
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
o Solid working knowledge and experience with databases in general and relational database in particular. (Oracle preferred)
o Consulting background and experience
o Operational knowledge of the utility vertical industry
o Electrical Utility Outage Management and/or Distribution Management experience
o Customer facing experience is a plus
Travel - This is an implementation role extensive travel is a must:
o Up to 75% travel required over the course of multi-month implementation efforts. Oracle is a global organization. Relocation NOT required, incumbent can live anywhere in the continental US close to a large, municipal airport.
Qualified candidates with expertise implementing Oracle CC&B may send a resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration
As a recognized authority and leading contributor within their practice, this senior-level consulting position provides consistent high quality and innovative solution leadership to a project team. Leads the solution design and implementation aspects of engagement(s) ensuring high quality, integrated software solutions within constraints of time and budget.
Analyzes business needs to help ensure Oracle solution meets the customer's objectives by combining industry best practices, product knowledge, and business acumen. Exercises judgment and business acumen in selecting methods and techniques to deliver functional and technical solutions on non-routine and very complex aspects of applications and technology installations. Provides direction and mentoring to project teams, and effectively influences customer leadership on key decisions. Supports the business development efforts by pursuing new opportunities and extensions. Collaborates with the consulting sales team by providing domain expertise.
8-10 years of experience relevant to this position including 4 years of consulting experience. Prior team leadership or management experience preferred. Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience preferred. Product or technical expertise relevant to practice focus. Ability to communicate effectively. Ability to build rapport with team members and clients. Strong influencing and negotiation skills. Ability to travel as needed.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.