Shift LeaderSupervises: N/A FLSA Status:
Hourly Paid, Non-ExemptSUMMARY
The primary objective of this position is to provide general production and housekeeping support to operations, shipping, and grounds. This is an entry level position that learns multiple processes to assist where and as necessary.Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist production operators throughout the plant as necessary for two (+) person work load.
- Inspects material - performs dimension checks, verifies shadow line is present, tests for bond on dragon tooth, and determines if first or second quality material.
- Ensure proper disposition of all seconds and rewrap material in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Assist in lace up for start-ups and after mat breaks in the process.
- Performs work at Auto Catcher of Pattern Cutter-clearing jams, resetting machine, temporary break relief, etc.
- General housekeeping throughout the plant, shipping department, and grounds as directed
- Follow the company waste management program - separate all recyclable material and discard waste into the appropriate containers, not only for plant production waste, but also any individual waste brought and/or used on site by an employee
- Provides assistance in plant safety initiatives - JHA, LTT, Critical 6, etc.
- Operate powered industrial vehicles - forklift, scissor lift, floor sweeping equipment
- Comply with all plant rules and corporate policies with regard to business conduct
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain a clean and orderly work area
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Regular onsite attendance
- All other duties as assigned or needed
The employee should hold the following abilities:
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
- Properly use tools and housekeeping resources (examples - mop, broom, powered industrial floor scrubber, shovel, pick, paint brush, lawn mower, weed eater, rake, etc.)
- Forklift certification (hands on and written)
- Operate an industrial compactor safely
- Utilize a flamed heating device safely for rewrapping seconds materials.
- Assess and only operate equipment when all guarding and safety devices are in proper working order
- Visually identify and discern first quality vs. second quality finished goods
- Verifiable and sustained authorization to work in the United States
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Log into and navigate via keyboard Globalink to access PeopleSoft for paycheck/benefits enrollment information, Owens Corning University (OCU) and accomplish required online training routinely
- May be required to log into and navigate SAP for work notifications
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
A little about us:
Founded in 1938, Owens Corning is a market-leading innovator of glass-fiber technology